strange shaped guitars

whisky182

:D as some will know i'm making a guitar for a friend of mine, she's drawn me a really wierd graphic to shape it around.

i just wanted to see some "differant" guitars to bost my confidence about this (i'm finding it quite hard to make and i wanna see if it's possible B) )

I was visiting a music store a few miles away and some guy dropped in to show the owner his new project. He called it the "elephant" bass and it was, indeed, an elephant. Picture the head of an elephant with the trunk being the neck of the guitar. The front was a detailed carving of an elephant's face and he had two removeable tusks that inserted on either side of the pickup. It was all made of maple and looked like a work of art. Next time I drop by there I will inquire about it and maybe see if I can get a picture of the animal.

Nothing's uglier than the tiger guitar I saw on e-Bay once upon a time, after following a link from some forum or another (not this one, though, I don't think).

The shark shaped guitar was a Jay Tursey (spelling?) guitar. I saw a weird one in a music shop window made from a machinegun, like an assault rifle or something..... god knows how it plays, but certainly different!

img27.jpg

img26.jpg

Tractor.jpg

A few more for you. All made by Brian Eastwood, does he make any normal guitars ??? lol :D

Now those are unique, very cool