body design

wow, thanks for the feedback

when i said i wanted something original, i meant i wanted something different. im actually happy with the superstrat idea, because of my headstock, the woods im using, pickup setup, etc. i like alex's concept, but the body looks too small in comparison to the neck. maybe ill mess with it some.

and about using photoshop: bite me :D

This would be original wouldn't it?

Mock-up.jpg

Ok, I know I'm a smart ass :D

Everytime someone asks about an original design I can't help but think about this e-bay guitar that was made by a 'luthier' with a scroll that took 4 months to carve. :D

BTW...no slam meant to your neck at all smurf. Just a little too bored tonight. :DB)

Just my tuppence worth, but if you are looking for someting totally different, maybe something along the lines of the body looking like the body and back end of a sci-fi space vehicle of some sort.

Take the suggestion with a grain of salt.

Dragyn :D

That's great vankirk :D

I've worked with builders who build craziness like that and they are very serious about it. Here's a saying I take to heart,

"There's nothing new under the sun" It's so true in every aspect of life, except maybe in computer technology. There's not too much more we'll be able to do to guitars that will make a major difference. No matter how original you think your shape is it will look something like something someone else already made. And if you want to sell guitars it'll have to look something like a major brand or else people will pass it by for a fender or gibson.

The only place that you'll be able to sell crazy shapes is in the custom world and even then you can't get too crazy.

This would be original wouldn't it?

Mock-up.jpg

Ok, I know I'm a smart ass :D

Everytime someone asks about an original design I can't help but think about this e-bay guitar that was made by a 'luthier' with a scroll that took 4 months to carve. :D

BTW...no slam meant to your neck at all smurf. Just a little too bored tonight. :DB)

i try to forget about that but NOOOO someone always has to post s pic of it :D