Jazz bass templates??

I have two sets of templates a PRS and Strat that I bought from GuitarBuildingTemplates and have been very please with them. You would never be able to cut or make templates as accurate as a laser cut one but if you spend enough time you can get close. Just depends on how accurate you want it to be. If your just gonna get the templates and trace them out then cut them with a bandsaw then you could just get a CAD drawing of it and get it blown up to full scale for that. I think the real key to using templates is with a flush trim router bit and plunge router. It will save you tons of sanding.

Be careful if you buy Jazz Bass templates from a vendor on Ebay...tsnsales or tsrsales or something similar...This fellow is out of the South Florida area and the templates are poor at best...most are out of plywood or 1/8in plexi......They are laser cut, but I believe he doesn't know how to program the info to get a good template yet. The edges are very rough and the size does not quite match up with a real Jazz Bass body.

I have two sets of templates a PRS and Strat that I bought from GuitarBuildingTemplates and have been very please with them.

This is the guy on Ebay that I was referring to!.....I picked up a set of templates from him to make life around the shop a little easier, but they were so rough and crappy, that they are just gathering dust......If you are interested, They can be yours for a nominal service fee!!!!!!......The plexi still has the paper on it.

Tdog.. I've had just the opposite experience from the templates he made me.. but then again, both of mine were guitar templates. I'm just going by, how good the ones I had was. I had heard some others talk about that and found out they had bought them when he first started and he's really improved them since then. When I get the templates, I get a 1/4" mdf 4x8 sheet and make new ones with a router and keep the original in a safe place so they don't get messed up. MDF is alot stonger and won't tend to bow as much. They are exact duplicates and if something messes up or if i damage the mdf board I don't feel so bad.