My 3rd project

Hey folks;

As the title says this is my 3rd project. My first was a restoration of an 90's Jackson J4 which amounted to fixing chips in the finish and replacing the neck. My second was a build from pieces of a B.C. Rich 90's bronze series warlock. Not much to write home about.

My 3rd project is a build from pieces again and kinda of making it a bit of a themed guitar as well. Here are some pics oif the body and neck;

BODY:

guitar1.JPG

guitar2.JPG

NECK:

diceguitar1.JPGdiceguitar2.JPG

The dcie image was laser engraved by a friend from work. I have a bit of finish work to do in the neck pocket to fit the base of the neck properly. All of the control knobs and the tuning machine knobs will be dice as well.

The body is spalted Sycamore from ebay as well as the maple and rosewood neck. It will have a matched pair of kent armstrong pups and a wraparound hardtail bridge. The scale will be 25 1/2.

Any comments are most welcome.

Dragyn :DB)

i love the body shape, it would look killer if it was a carved top though, whats the specs? e.g. scale length etc..? love the dice, a nice classy touch how ever i feel if you use the dice knobs etc.. it would be abit over kill, though thats just my opinion. Could we get a close up of the first and 12 fret please? Those fret markers look great, didi you do them? Nice job well done :D

That is one wicked looking piece of wood!

The only spalted species I've seen so far were maple, so it's interesting to see something different.

sycamore kinda is maple, well at least they are both from the same species of tree the acer tree. eg: acer sacharum = sugar maple , and so on.

nice guitar dude!, the body looks like and alembic kinda shape.

e.g. scale length etc..? love the dice, a nice classy touch Could we get a close up of the first and 12 fret please? Those fret markers look great, didi you do them? Nice job well done :D

Some of the specs are listed in the end of the first post. 25 1/5 scale, matched pair of Kent Armstrong Humbuckers Hardtail wraparound bridge.

Will try and get some close ups of the inlay work, which came with the neck. Had to rebuild the headstock on it though because it was cracked.

Pieces were found, where else? On Ebay! :D

Walnutman I believe is the Ebayer's name. He periodically posts mostly laminated wood guitar bodies.

Sycamore should have similar properties to maple, making it sound on the bright side of tonality, but weighs about 3/4's the weight of maple.

I will see what it looks like with all the dice on it, if it looks too much I can always take them off and put regular on. The hardware is going to be black chrome unless the dice are too much, then I will go with gold.

Thanks for the comments and comps guys. Just hope it sounds as good as it looks so far! :D

the project is from pieces? where did the pieces come from? I'm curious to see where you found that body if you didnt make it!

Looks excellent though!

Here is the guy that I got it from with another body up for auction. Similar body style different woods.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3731489874&rd=1

Litch: Neck only cost me about $40.00 since I had to repair the headstock. :D

Trying to take pictures of the inlays, but the flash washes them out and the natural lighting ruins the colour. Needless to say they are MOP and Abalone.