name that guitar

cnc machines don't effect the tone one bit...i just don't like the lower tolerances permitted on the import lines

if you use the cnc to get exact tolernces,then how is that bad?

it's not about how the top is routed, by computer or by hand. it's about the woods used, the way the luthier puts everything together, and how the set-up is performed. I have a Squier M-77 (this one) that I had a proper fret job done, nut job, sperzels, changed the pup's to real Gibson HB's, a tone pros locking bridge, and strap locks installed. Why do this to a Squier? Because it's the first guitar my wife bought for me and I'll never get rid of it, I just wanted it playable. I would take this Squier over ANY PRS, Gibson, BC Rich, JET, or Fender out there. The simple fact is my guitar repairman custom built a guitar for me out of a CNC body and mass produced neck that kicks the **** out of anything you could buy at 3X the price.

!= means "is not equal to"

I've been hanging around computer geeks too long. Anyway, what I'm saying is "CNC doesn't mean it's crappy." I'm a big fan of the CNC machine, personally. Anything that can give you tolerances down to ten thousandths without hours of sanding is a good thing. I've run into quite a few snobs that seem to think unless one 80 year old guy working in his shop in the middle of the desert hand scraped every bit of wood and hand-forged his own saddles made the guitar that it's a POS, and that kind of attitude annoys me. :D

!= means "is not equal to"

I've been hanging around computer geeks too long. Anyway, what I'm saying is "CNC doesn't mean it's crappy." I'm a big fan of the CNC machine, personally. Anything that can give you tolerances down to ten thousandths without hours of sanding is a good thing. I've run into quite a few snobs that seem to think unless one 80 year old guy working in his shop in the middle of the desert hand scraped every bit of wood and hand-forged his own saddles made the guitar that it's a POS, and that kind of attitude annoys me. :D

well no,that is not what i am saying...

what i AM saying is that every one of my low end imports has very loose tolerances..i assume they used a cnc but i think they set it up poorly

my fernandes has a truss rod rout that is too big by a good 1/32" or more...plus the cavity cover screws were ALL drilled crooked...2 of them splitting the wood in the cavity wall...

PLUS for proper intonation the saddle on the D string is all the way forward,rubbing against the bridge pickup mounting ring

AND the neck has a bad spot in it

fernandes_0004.jpg

fernandes_0008.jpg

that is a good example of poor quality control...i am making a new neck for that guitar...the fret job is also horrible and the fretboard is the most dead looking,lank piece of crap rosewood i have ever seen

this is what i don't like about the cheap imports...

I think it should be named "Bob".

your lucky i am in a good mood since drak helped me name it :D

That's why I waited till you had an answer before I posted!