Completed 4-string Walnut Neckthru bass

Thanks for the kind words wes. Although I think it is pretty nice for a first build, in no way am I more talented than you. Pictures cannot tell you how a bass plays. :D I still have some major tweaking to do -- electronics and otherwise. I will be taking it to my local guitar shop to have the frets leveled next week. Hopefully that will increase it's playability. I know that I will never have a nitro finish on any of my guitars -- (1) I don't want to buy the required equipment and (2) I much prefer the look and feel of an oil finish.

hyunsu: I really REALLY liked working with this walnut. Machines easy and is very strong. Also very beautiful. Check out the back of the upper body wing. Absolutely gorgeous grain! Unplugged the bass is much more resonant than my other basses. I can get harmonics that I never knew existed on this thing (never knew about the 4th/9th fret harmonics until I built this bass!). As I said above, I still have to do some tweaking with the electronics.

haha im in the same boat, it took me a long time to even get that question out, and puncutated.

well, can you just explain how you did the centerpeice. with the neck to body curve on the back. And what kind of cuts you used.

Did you just follow the plans or did you kinnda do you own thing there.

I'm not quite sure if I understand the question but I'll give it a shot. :D

By centerpiece I assume you mean the part of the neck that the body wings attach to. For the neck to body curve (you mean the heel?) I used only rasps and sandpaper.

I am not sure what you mean by what kind of cuts I used.

I would just like to say that if anyone has not tried 3M Sandblaster sandpaper that they go out and get some right now. It is the most amazing sandpaper I have ever used. Never gets clogged up!

My daughter is the base player in the family and she went nuts over seeing that one. . . . . .

There is no way I am going to be able to make her one that good!!!!!

Sheesh!!!!

I am going to have to stop going to this forum when the kids are still awake. :D

Awesome bass axe there sir. I salute you. :D

Dragyn B):D

Haha, thanks for the kind words. I'm sure you will be able to build one every bit a good as this one. I recommend not trying a neck thru for a first instrument though. Especially if you don't have a planer like me. :D Getting the neck thickness to match the body thickness was a real bear.