Hear this guitar... again. :D

Jehle

Very Cool! It gave me a very Satch-Engines of Creation era vibe. Sweet blender of styles, Batman! I'm afraid that I do have to notify you that you violated the "no posting cool soundbytes without accompanying powertab file" rule. For that....you must post more cool stuff!

On another note, I need to get one posted of the Shredocaster. Maybe I'll work on that this weekend.

How do you get the hi-hat sound out of it?

:D

X2N is a GREAT pickup!!! i love mine, infact i have the same color too...my pickguard is white, my other pups are white, and i bought it as black so it would stand out, and it does...over everyone else's crappy pickups! ha..ha..ha...

Yeah, the X2N can be a little hard to tame. I really have to be carefull with the gain settings when I use it. The advantage is that once I switch to another pickup, the amp is really clean sounding. It's actually very handy to have that ability to go from clean to grit with the flip of a toggle.

Can we find out what gear you used to do the recording? Do you use a stand alone, or a PC? If PC, what stuff?

I record everything on the PC with this:

ACID 4.0

SoundBlaster Audigy

The signal path is simple too:

Guitar (X2N pickup) > SansAmp GT2 (clean Brittish setting) > Tech21 Trademark 10 (clean tweed setting) > 4 track (as a buffer really) > sound card.

The only trick I used for the tone is that all of the backing guitars are doubled and panned slightly left and right. The X2N is so hot that running through 2 clean amp settings, it still overdrives the amp. Just amazing.