LED Lighting wiring!

Docaroo

I have all of the material to do one but haven't had a spare moment to actually finalize it. The question seems to come up every two weeks at the least so there does at least seem to be enough interest. I'll see if I can get it done in the next couple of days.

Could we have some pictures in a day or two and in a week or two aswell :D

ok..ok... by popular demand! Give me a day or two and i'll post some pics of the light temporaryily attached to my Ibanez RG1570L...

I'm planning on having approx. 3 of them attached to my Warlock ... i'm going to paint it a metallic midnight blue with a dusting of silver over the top in an arty farty way hehe!

Then have one LED on the headstock shining down the fretboard, one near the bridge and another maybe from the body to the fretboard to light it up! should be good!

Pics soon... :DB):D

Oh, bummer! At least it's not installed in a place that is difficult to access. Have you considered just buying an LED or two from mouser or digikey? You would then know what you're dealing with and would be sure that it will continue to work well for a long, long time.

This is why I was concerned about not including the technical info in the LED tutorial that I'm finshing up. I'm worried that people won't understand why certain resistor values are used and why certain voltages are used,... and will end up having to take their fretboards off (my tutorial will be for fretboard LED's) and start over again.

I didn't want to start another thread for this - I hope it's not too off topic.

What do you think - should I include the techincal stuff or leave it out? I think the last poll resulted in leaving that stuff out.

i personally would like to see some technical stuff in there to help understand why you need a specific resistor! doesn't have to be too heavy but if you don't understand it you can always not read that part hehe!!

What i think i'll do is take it to bits and start again, making my own circuit. I can keep the clea housing and mounting, dump everything else and start again - that might be a better plan!