look at prs's. the single bar on top of the guitar is a wraparound bridge. very unobtrusive.

i might just enjoy that. do you know of anywhere that sells them for less than $20? that's how much the bridge/ferrules will run me, and i'm kinda going for cheapest over style right now...

You should check out the Leo Quan bridges, I bought mine from Brian for a good price. It's one of the best bridges that's an all in one wraparound. I'm gonna use it on my next guitar.

pretty, but WAY out of my pricerange.

think broke college kid budget here...'cause well...that's what it is...

Are those staples on the center joint?

no. those are pencil marks. i lined up the two pieces before gluing, then put those lines across so i would be able to line it up and make sure the bodies were even before the glue dried. kinda an idea i came up with on my own, and i figured, well, once i sand, those will basically be gone, and there's gonna be a neck sitting on top of it anyway, so what's the harm?

well, looked into that wraparound bridge style a bit more, and found this. Gotoh 510. a little over what i was expecting to spend, i'm just gonna take it like a man and go for it, though.

EDIT- but now...i found this... man...decisions...

Edited by StratDudeDan

• 2 months later...

any progress so far? if you havent chosen a bridge yet you might want to take into account that instead of buying a special bridge you could by a normal tune-o-matic tail piece and put set screw holes into the sides where the screws go for intonation like the others. This is only feesable of course if you have the machinery, it's what I'm doing because my dad owns a machine shop. :D Thats how the vintage LP Jr's were. Post pics if you're any farther.

Edited by silvertonessuckbutigotone

any progress so far?

he he...funny enough, no...

i was in a fender bender a while ago, and saving my insurance costs from going up, i just paid the lady in cash for her repairs, and then my girlfriend totalled her car a little over a week ago, so i've been helping her save up to get a new car.

still need about $450 to get 'er done. and yes, i picked the Gotoh 510.

for christmas, i'm pretty much asking for nothing but the parts to get this thing done.