Binding Done Wiped Me Out

I'm less a few ounces of flesh on my fingers and wiped out.

Just put 4 strips of binding on this one, Pearloid/b-w/b-w/b-w.

It's 95% done, and looking pretty good, but binding is a freaking pain. Especially the pearloid, which is .80 thick and will BREAK around curves if you don't heat it, so it just gets progressively harder from strip to strip until it's time to slap on the pearl, and it's just kicking your ass by then, hehehe, but worth it.

No pics until I get it all cleaned and scraped and a few new coats of lac on it. :D

Blue-1.jpg

that's one out of the closet, what about "el diablo blanco"?, any way, I thought I saw this one with blue already, about a month ago...? I don't know I'm having flashbacks, you have so many in the works that I can't remember...

hehehe, that's how I keep it fun, always something fun to do around the castle.

But I digress...

Yes, this guitar was as it is pictured here, this is the original shot, first finish.

Then I decided that I wanted it lighter in the middle, like a 'burst, so I sanded it all off and prepped it for that, but never did it, went right to the carriburst.

Then I decided I would make this the carriburst, and proceeded to start the carriburst colors.

It just wasn't 'grabbing' me as a Carri, so I sanded all that off, re-prepped it, and just redyed it blue as it was to begin with, so it's back to looking like it does in the pic, except it now has some thick-ass 7-layer binding on it.

Making it lighter in the center wasn't working out on this piece of wood, I'll do that on something else I'm cooking up, so it looks pretty much just like the pic here, plus the binding.

I tried the pearloid binding on the Koa Tele first, it looked like crap, I had to be honest with myself, it just didn't work. Pearloid is flashy, Koa is natural. Bad mix.

I had to router it all off and install standard i/b/i/b/i/b/i binding on that, and it looks waaaay better now.

I knew I wanted to use the pearloid binding on something else, and the blue guitar was perfect for that. I also learned that I didn't like the pearloid binding alone by itself, it looks waaay better when mixed with some w/b/w/b/w/b, now I'm really digging it.

I finally found the right combination that gives me the sh*t-eating grin that -must- come or else it's The Wall. :DB)

I tossed Blanco in the back seat of my car, almost threw it away last week. It's not sitting good with me right now. Dagnabbed little varmit.