New Guitar

Anything with a "whammy bar" is NOT A HARDTAIL BRIDGE:

The Stop Tail/Tun-O-Matic, Trapeze tailpiece, Tele bridge, Strat Hardtail Model Bridge, and the Ibanez JS-2000-style Edge bridge are all HARDTAIL BRIDGES.

Anything with a "whammy bar" is a TREMOLO BRIDGE:

This includes the Floyd Rose, Bigsby, vintage/modern Strat (standard) with Syncronized Tremolo, Wilkinson, Ibanez JS-1000-style Edge bridge, etc.

In short, there is no such thing as a hardtail bridge with a "hole" for a "whammy bar" because there is NO WAY it can ever function as a tremolo bridge. 95% of the time, if you see a Strat, it's a tremolo bridge, not a fixed bridge.

The only, and I mean only, way you could ever mount a bridge with a "hole" for a "whammy bar" would be to disassemble the baseplate from the block and mount the baseplate hardtail style with strings going through the body. But it's a waste of money to do this because you'd have about 50% of the parts not being used and a stupid hole and plate tab taking up more space on the body.

OTOH, it would be kind of a neat faux-trem installation, or you could do it with a Floyd-copy in order to gain the fine-tuners, ala the JS-2000.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

email me how you want it wired and i will draw it.

austenfantanio@yahoo.com