I Smell Fraud On Ebay

sepultura999

odd. it does for me. :S. it should send you to a user's items listed and not just the single auction which makes me go "smells like fraud" :D

Edited by sepultura999

the ebay user is atticbargain find him, and click on musical instruments. to me it seems very fishy all 50 things he's selling lol.

well i think its pretty believable. like perry said, people do this for a living first of all. second of all hes sold over 4000 guitars. i think he'd be shut down by now if even ONE of them were a complete fraud. If this guy had no rating and was selling like kurt cobain signed it last week, yeah its fraudulant. This guy probably just goes to concerts and events to meet up with the people there and hopefully just gets the autographs.

yeah but people cant tell if its a real signature unless they have actually had previous stuff signed. which is why when i showed some of my friends the guitars they looked at the many stuff they have autographed, and they look fake. plus the handwriting on a lot of them look similar, also why would he have all these guitars lieing around, all the same guitars, one being from korn and one being from pink floyd - when was the last time floyd was together? plus that authenticity thing is crap, i can print one off my computer, also i think it looks odd how eminem has signed a guitar.

i know what your saying about pink floyd being together, like guns n roses, fat chance of that happening, but you can have those indivisual people signing the same guitar. Also, why i find it a bit more believable is how cheap the guitars are. obviously this guy just bums people for autographs to make a living.

one reason why the guitars are so cheap is cause they're some strat copy so its not like hes gotta pay off a huge debt for buying fenders. another reason why i don't believe this crap is simply the fact thats hes got 50 lieing around, it just doesn't sound right at all, if he works at some sort of record label like sony, i could believe it, but if hes some regular guy? nah, somethings not right, unless he stalks them haha. the other reason why i think it's bogus is because usually on ebay when i see autographed guitars going on sale, its just 1 on sale, and they have a picture of the musician with the seller with the guitar, i dunno it just looks really suspicious to me and all lol

You people are morons! :~)

They usually don't get the guitar signed, ocasionally, but not usually. They get the pickguards signed. They take a stack of pickguards to a show or whatever and get them to sign as many as they can. Then they put them on the guitars to sell. They also usually don't stock 50+/- guitars. They put a pickguard on one guitar, take a picture, take it off and put another on and so on and so on. When someone buys it they then put the pickguard on the guitar and ship it and move on to the next one. So that way, they might have 50 guitars listed, but only have to own 1. When they sell the guitar, they just go buy one that matches and ship it. If you notice, they never put a pic of the headstock, so all they have to match is the color. Smart, huh??? In most cases, they use Johnson strat copies or Jay Turser. There are quite a few sellers on ebay that do this, and I've dealt with most of the US dealers. I buy the guitars, take the autographed pickguard off, put on a normal pickguard and resell the guitar. Some of the dealers on ebay sell the guitars for just a few bucks more than what you'd pay for the guitar in the store. I have a decent collection of autographed guards. I've never dealt with this seller, but it looks legit to me.

Also last i heard liam and noel gallagher weren't talking to each other, and if i am still correct, thats what now, 5 years?

The reason why I pointed it out is for opinions, not to be bashed (dont know if you were kidding or not, if you were then ignore this) because this could be fraud, and i believe IMO it's important for everyone to know whats out there because who knows, there could be people wondering as well and the majority of people on this forum have been around guitars, internet and ebay longer than i have. Just because theres a piece of paper saying it's authentic doesn't mean anything, just like how you can buy PhDs on the internet saying you're a doctor in medicine, or print off your own currency. And maybe they are real, i'm just saying it looks doubtful since so many are all up for sale and since they're all brand new guitars. Plus to make sure, why don't you compare some of the autographs with autographs you have? i showed my friends who are diehard fans of some of the bands that signed the guitars (and when i say diehard, i mean they've been to pretty much every show and public autograph session in Toronto and have more than 5 autographs from different shows and apperances) and they say it looks fake, also on the Korn one, it's missing an autograph. and btw, if it is fake, and they're smart, they'd sign the guitar with multiple people thus makeing it look like all of them aren't signed by one hand alone.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, its very difficult to tell which beatle autographs are authentic or not. Backm in the day, Mal Evans used to sign autographs for them, and hand them out.

So I guess, unless you get one personally, its impossible to work out whether its authentic or not.

There is a shop just off the Queen Street Mall in Brisbane that sells 2nd hand CDs, records, etc, and other memorabilia. I remeber they had a promo EVH Wolfgang cardboard poster (it was just of the guitar, no EVH on it). Anyway, it was autographed by Bon Scott, of all people! Must have been difficult to get that autograph, I bet...

Luke

This reminds me of that one episode on the Apprentice, where the guy was handing out footballs for ten dollars that he signed his own signature on it, but he wasn't a celebrety, but the kids and their moms didn't know that. I can see some 10 year old with a brand new signed football and the kid googles the guys name and finds **maybe** some picture of a guy on the apprentice, lol.

Also last i heard liam and noel gallagher weren't talking to each other, and if i am still correct, thats what now, 5 years?

Nah, they still talk. I saw them at Glastonbury in the summer (Ringo Star's son is the drummer now) and they were both there playing. Apparently they had a barney before going on stage though.......

.......Might explain why they were crap. :D

Hmm.. the facts surrounding the seller indicate they're all authentic, but looking at the Van Halen strat, Eddie's sig looks nothing like what I've seen on other items.

You know, its very difficult to tell which beatle autographs are authentic or not. Backm in the day, Mal Evans used to sign autographs for them, and hand them out. :D

So I guess, unless you get one personally, its impossible to work out whether its authentic or not.

You're right, I forgot about Mal. I'm a bad Beatles fan. B)