Donate A Guitar To Mazz :d?

Mazzstein

i went without a decent guitar for years and years.at least you have a guitar.

i don't know man..to be honest...when you already have a guitar to play and you still ask for charity so that you can have ANOTHER one..well,that goes against my principles.

i have a better suggestion.mow yards or whatever you have to do to earn the money...then get what you want.it's a long road,but nothing worth having comes that easy...

I totally agree with Wes here........

We all came from no money, no guitar/bass and had to work for it.

Go to the home page for Project Guitar:

PG Home Page

Learn how to set up, maintain, modify and do whatever else you want to the one's you have before even attempting to tackle a build....even from a kit. You'll learn a bunch about what you have and what you're getting into from all the info available there. Not knowing how to lower your pickups tells me you need some schooling before you move on. :D

I'm beginning to suspect that I'm being trolled... though I've done my best to give the benefit of the doubt and be polite.

What Greg said......quit trolling for free stuff and get to work on earning it. You'll appreciate it much more. BTW I started working at 11 (I'm 40 now) and earned everything I have now. You're off to a late start in my book and many others here.

I'd like to see your next thread include telling us how you either set up or modded your Explorer by following the tutorials or how you worked for that kit or parts you want so much. :D

G'Day from Wisconsin!!

im not asking for a guitar and id like to build one  you see, those shipping costs are high, plus u gotta concert to australian, ohh my ;\

ill just sell some  nintendo64 and PS1 and buy a BC Rich Flying V Kerry King Signature

so, go on!

there is enough to buy one in aus!

there are v's starting at lower prices, like coxx-guitars?!

do it, like every one of us has done - save money, go work - but dont expect that you get something for free!

you will be much happier, if you save the money on your own!

This is kinda off topic, but if you want something and don't have a work, you FIND what to do to get the money, when I was 14 I wanted a darn Hutch bike, and back then (1980"s) it costed $450. Howw is a JR high fid going to get a job to buy this kinda stuff???

I started washing cars, mowing lawns, till I got $50, then I went to the local Mars distributor and they sell fund raising candy bars, I bought 2 cases that brought 100 bars, it is 100% profit, you pay 50 get 100. It took me 2 months to get the bike, so I think that there is no reason you won't be able to pull it off,

heck you are in Australia, go find were Perry is at and go talk him into mowing his lawn for piece of wood, may be in a year you will heve enough wood to make a guitar :D

omg, seems everyone is harassing him to get a job... well... its still right tho.. :D

I want to put in my .02 before this topic goes nowhere ( if it hasnt already).

Well, why would you want to jump into such hard stuff? I thought taking my guitar apart would be easy... wrong, i ended up spending a whole night figuring out which wire was which and how to make sure i remembered where to put my pickups.. Seems you are completely clueless to how hard this stuff is.. no, i take that back.. to me, i learned that it takes lots of patience and a some skill. so since you dont seem to want a job, i guess i can cross Patience off the list, and for skill... well, you want to buy a 100 dollar guitar and turn it into some Signiture Series LP? umm, you cant even lower your pickups so i dont know what to tell ya...

Well, in closing, ill be surprised if you will be able to cross the finish line with a descent looking paint job, let alone a 2nd guitar at all... umm, well... good luck to whatever you have planned...

~korge :D

haha dumpster diving. my uncles friend found an amp in perfect condition in a dumpster. we believe the reason why it was thrown out is because it needed new tubes hahaha.

-Jamie

I don't do the dumpster thing, but in trash day I got 3 bikes last week. A Specialized hard rock, and 2 Treks, one of them CrMo, and the other and Aluminum series 7000, runs about $600. and the other at atleast $250.

And the only tube amp I ever had, a small fender tube amp, Don't know the wattage since my mother thow it away by the time I got back from Basic training, she looked at it in the garage and thought it was trash, with my dads brand new electric antenna for the car.

You have an explorer, is that your only guitar?

My first guitar was a POS commadore acoustic, i still have it and love it to death, it can be seen here http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/cur.../Allguitars.jpg

(third one to the left^^)

I played on that guitar for 1 year, finally got decent enough to buy an electric, so i bought that red strat copy off my friend, it also came with a little 25 watt Yamaha amp, that amp was the biggest pos i ever played on, it sounded like crap, and it wasnt even loud enough for my liking, anyways, i played on that stuff for about a year, switching back and forth between the acoustic and electric, i then bought a Peavey Bandit 80 watt amp, i still have it and wont be parting with it for a long time.

The last guitar you see there is my first attempt at building, it was a Randy Rhoads V copy, i fifnished it, but the scale length was off, so it sucked, seriously

I took all the crap outta that guitar and waited a little bit, got some wood, for free by the way (yea, you can get it, just ask the right person!)

i ended up spending 20 bucks for my maple neck, and since I like to have nice stuff, i bought SD 59's pickups, Gotoh TOM bridge, Gotoh mini machine heads, speed knobs, and the works, it cost a pretty penny, but i was happy with my purchase, you would be too if you ended up spending close to 400 bucks

I am only 16 years old, mind you, i have had jobs since i was 14, mowing lawns, pumping gas, i worked in a wood shop, i worked in a dump truck place greasing dump trucks, i now work at a small enging shop, i am classified as a "stripper" since i remove all the parts off sleds, dirt bikes, quads, that kinda stuff

I used to be like you, no money, and wanted something, so i worked my butt off and bought the stuff I wanted

by the way, heres my project, thats what free wood looks like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/cur...emProgress2.jpg

Curtis

I still don't have a clear picture of what shop access/tools you have. The more work and time you put into it, generally speaking, the less it will cost. A body blank sure costs less than a premade body, etc.

If you have the tools and the patience, build a V body that fits your Explorer hardware and neck. Then, build a replacement neck. Then replace the pickups. Voila, new guitar!

So tell us, what tools do you have and know how to use?

yo mazz

where in australia are you??

if you are in adelaide, i'll give you a job!!

i own a fencing company, and i need someone to dig holes, mix concrete, lift heavy stuff etc.

seems every young guy i get can't take the hard work (10 hour days in 30-40 degree heat during summer) they stay for a few weeks and then leave. my poor 34 year old body is slowly breaking down!! :D i pay good wages, and normally end up buying lunch every day too!!

cheers

darren

Edited by dash

yo mazz

where in australia are you??

if you are in adelaide, i'll give you a job!!

i own a fencing company, and i need someone to dig holes, mix concrete, lift heavy stuff etc.

seems every young guy i get can't take the hard work (10 hour days in 30-40 degree heat during summer)  they stay for a few weeks and then leave.  my poor 34 year old body is slowly breaking down!! :D  i pay good wages, and normally end up buying lunch every day too!!

cheers

darren

Funny, I'm getting myself a job as a fenceholedigger for the summer. I get the job through a friend of mine.

Mazz, just go walk around in stores, factories, etc, ask them if they need a helping hand. (I was carrying alcohol and other drinks at the local supermarket for a minimum wage.) Soon you can afford yourself a power tool. Then you can afford another one. After a few more years of practice, you'll be building guitars to sell, in a decade you'll be building the best custom instruments in Australia.

That is, if you're really interested in guitars. If not, look around for freebies, you might eventually get something cool. But I don't guarantee it would take you less time and dedication than working and earning money. :D

------------

Jimbo

After a few more years of practice, you'll be building guitars to sell, in a decade you'll be building the best custom instruments in Australia.

Perry might have something to say about that. :D

The advise in this thread is solid. I think everyone here has been in your shoes at some point or another, but the reason people are where they are is hard work. You don't get anything sitting on your butt. Well, if you get government assistance you can, but then your just a mooch with everyone else paying your way. That's another topic entirely, though.

nice work curtis!

i always believe that with patience and smarts you can always make something out of very little, and give it the attention to be great!

So true :D I took my ugly Redneck lookin Tele and made it look a little harder with a punk edge... it is definitly better to my liking...

oh, oh, oh! I wana lecture someone now!

Heres the story mazz, just like everyone else says, get a freakin' job man!! I mean seriously you cant ask for free stuff during your whole llife because you are lazy and dont want to work towards things. Hell, ive been working with my dad since i was 12. I was making 20 bucks a day back then. Stashed it away in my teddy bear(hehe)and at the end of the year i had enough to put away in my bank. Im now 16, i have money for a car, guitars and some college(maybe a semester :D ). Check out the main page and learn repairs. Make some friends with fellow guitar players, fix there high pickup and charge them 10 bucks. On the weekends, mow grass like i have been doing since i was 12. Save some money for your bank account, and save the rest for a kit, or whatever you want. Getting some physical labor never hurt anyone. Hell, i like to think im pretty buff these days. All i did was walk behind a mower, lift tubs and lawnmowers. Do that along with working out everyday for 4 years and you can look pretty much like a stud like me! B)

But thats just me, do what you want :D