New Here And In Need Of Some Dimensions!

New here! (and about to build a guitar)

MyVESPRev.jpg

/\/\/\ So that's basically what I'm going to build. I'm going to order a neck-thru neck from Carvin with the unshaped headstock, but what I need is a template of the body of a Jackson KingV style guitar...

Or, if anyone has all the basic dimensions for it, that would be highly appreciated also.

My e-mail address is Vargtroll@NOSPAMgmail.com (remove the NOSPAM :D )

Thanks!

Close enough is good enough. :D

I found a CAD of a Jackson RR, and was wondering if a King V was basically just an RR with a symmetrical bottom wing? If so, I could just modify that CAD, and I'd be done with the plan...

EDIT: Been looking at some of the Jackson Custom Shop pics... and found out that the KV is way different from the double Rhoads... A KV IS NOT JUST A RHOADS WITH SYMMETRICAL WINGS!

Edited by Lietuvis

Where the heck did you find that avatar?

I used to have that exact t-shirt 15-20 years ago(:D), and wore that thing out.

They were great live back then...they even still around?  :D  :D  B)

Yep. Vote With a Bullet is still one of my favorite songs. I also like Dance of the Dead. They're still around. Someone was stabbed to death at one of their shows in the last two months.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Edited by GodBlessTexas

who makes them???

Jackson. The scale length is 25.5" and it's the same for the BC Rick Kerry King V.

For the Jackson:

NECK DIMENSIONS 1st Fret: .775”, 12th Fret: .910”

NO. OF FRETS 24 Jumbo Frets

SCALE LENGTH 25.5”

WIDTH AT NUT 1-11/16”

UNIQUE FEATURES Compound (12” to 14”) Fingerboard Radius

who makes them???

Jackson. The scale length is 25.5" and it's the same for the BC Rick Kerry King V.

For the Jackson:

NECK DIMENSIONS 1st Fret: .775”, 12th Fret: .910”

NO. OF FRETS 24 Jumbo Frets

SCALE LENGTH 25.5”

WIDTH AT NUT 1-11/16”

UNIQUE FEATURES Compound (12” to 14”) Fingerboard Radius

the idea was that the original poster would click, and do his own research.

• 4 weeks later...
Close enough is good enough.  :D

I found a CAD of a Jackson RR, and was wondering if a King V was basically just an RR with a symmetrical bottom wing? If so, I could just modify that CAD, and I'd be done with the plan...

EDIT: Been looking at some of the Jackson Custom Shop pics... and found out that the KV is way different from the double Rhoads... A KV IS NOT JUST A RHOADS WITH SYMMETRICAL WINGS!

is there any way you can send me the CAD file??

Then scale it up off the drawing, using the fretboard as a reference. DRAW A PLAN.

That's what I've been doing, seeing as you know how to use photoshop, use the ruler tool to measure directly from the bridge to the edge of the nut. Take that distance (better if using inches as scale unit in photoshop), then you just want to scale it :

scalelength / measurement * 100

is the amount you want to scale by. Then just use the pen tool or line tool to draw out the shape over the top of it. That's what I did with this one :

1 | 2 | 4 | 9

nevermind, found the CAD file

dude, are these measurements correct? im looking at the file and the fretboard is something 142" long!

or maybe my settings are just off

eitehr way, i hope they arent. cuz i had to rescale my entire guitar im designing to the measurements of the RRV file (cuz i thought i was wrong the whole time) and now im crossing my fingers i dont have to un-do it all

edit: yeah, just checked, the RRV's neck is 471.5" long yikes

then again, all the ones on the site are like this....what gives?

edit: oh, i dont know whats going on....damn CAD

edit: oh my god my guitars 7 feet tall....

edit: nvm, its 85 feet 5 inches tall...

Edited by mailman

I never really figured out why the scale was wrong on those, like what's the point in using a design tool like CAD if you're not doing it the proper size.

Same method applies as above though, measure the length from the bridge (the actual point where the string touches the metal) and the edge of the nut.

If that's 471.5" :

25.5 / 471.5 * 100 = 5.40827147;

So scale the drawing by 5.408% and it should be to scale.

I never really figured out why the scale was wrong on those, like what's the point in using a design tool like CAD if you're not doing it the proper size.

exactly. its just retarded. why give a CAD file of a 25" neck if its not even scaled to 25"??

and thanks for the formula. ill try to use it to correct my current drawings (the bridge is kinda randomly set)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I haven't looked at this thread in a while. I ended up making my own full-suze vector/CAD drawing with a program called Inkscape. I've printed it out, made templates, and have started making the guitar. You can see pics at this thread: CLICK

If you want the full-szie drawing, I can e-mail it to you.

I like your Jawbreaker V. Is that something you came up with, or are there guitars like that already? I recognize the headstock from Dean/Washburn, but the body is badass!!!

• 4 weeks later...