Guitar Of The Month For December

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 23rd of November then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

If Possible Give Your Guitar a Name or Nick Name as well :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

Hi

My first attempt at the guitar of the month, be nice.

Alan

The spec.

Camphor burl top and back with a black limba core and black contrast veneers.

The neck is a 5 piece black limba/maple with a camphor head-plate back-plate and heel all with double veneers.

The fingerboard is acrylic impregnated Quilted Maple.

The neck has an asymmetric profile.

The hardware. Hipshot Type A bridge and Hipshot Ultralites and Schaller Straplocks.

The pickups are ACG FatBas humbuckers and the pre-amp is the ACG bass pre-amp. The bass also has coil switching via 2 micro-switches.

The finish is AC lacquer 50% sheen on the body and head-stock 20% on the back of the neck.

277674345_e2cb429828.jpg

277674346_d9e6ae31ce.jpg

277674351_cc6c60a04e.jpg

277674354_cdd1384e33.jpg

Edited by skelf

Well we are going to have to see some damn nice guitars in this competition if anyone is going to beat Alan's :D:D

Oh well, here goes nothing:

PICT0199.jpg

PICT0217.jpg

PICT0201.jpg

PICT0204.jpg

Its a black limba body with burl maple top and the usual wenge andmaple accent lines running around the edge. The body has been really drastically carved away on the back for better access - i wasnt sure if it had worked that well (too close to be the best judge sometimes) but the guitar shop who are selling it for me loved it

The neck is birdseye maple with a ziracote fretboard with ebony and maple binding. Tuners are the planet waves auto trim ones - i love them. Bridge is a wilkinson trem.

Pickups are a bareknuckle crawler humbucker and two bareknuckle mothers milk single coils. They are amazing and i am going to try and stretch to bareknuckle pickups for most of my future guitars . This guitar gives pretty much any classic sound you could hope for, especially with the addition of a bridge coil split and neck adder switch.

I'll give it a shot.

This is my latest completed guitar, the purple monster.

Body-quilted mahogany

Top-East coast flame maple

Neck-Indian rosewood w/ Indian rosewood fingerboard and headcap

25" scale length

Figured pearl/paua abalone inlay

Gold hardware-tonepros bridge, gotoh tuners, brass side dots

Duncan custom-custom/Jazz pickups with CTS pots and RS tone cap.

7.5 lbs!

Tone-killer

191351241.jpg

back

191351251.jpg

headstock

191351257.jpg

random shot

172655988.jpg

Edited by Marcovis

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my first attempt at building a guitar:

Body: Mahogany with maple top

Neck: Maple with rosewood fingerboard

Pickups: GFS Dream 90

Scale length: 24.75"

Kluson tuners, Schaller GTM bridge, GFS knobs

Tailpiece, jackplate own design (Nickel plated aluminium and tortoise pickguard material)

102.jpg

94.jpg

93.jpg

P6060004.jpg

Some more close-ups here:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a336/pukko/91.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a336/pukko/92.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a336/pukko/96.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a336/pukko/97.jpg

Edited by pukko

• 2 weeks later...

The Surf Guitar

Hello everyone - here's my first guitar. Ever. Please be gentle. :D (I realize I have no chance of winning with this entry, mainly cos I absolutely love pukko's guitar, but I thought it might at least spark some lively conversation/debate.)

Obviously, it is a surfboard guitar, which was commissioned by an art gallery in Dublin, to be painted by the artist Tom Byrne, as part of his summer gallery show. It was commissioned as a surfboard shape in order to reflect the aquatic and seascape style in which he paints.

A few minor bits; the neck join is cut into the fretboard, a special request by the gallery in order to maintain the full surfboard shape, and as such, it has two unusable 'semi-frets', so in reality, it's a 15 fret guitar, that is half guitar, half art piece. The finish is entirely the artist's work - i take no credit for that, and it is quite a textured, almost rough painting, with several lacquer layers to protect the texture of the finished painting on top of the guitar.

It is a maple body, with a center strip of mahogany, similar to the construction of a real surfboard, partially to help strengthen the neck join (which as you can see, is unorthodox, to say the least!) :D

The body is an anotomically correct replica of a Proctor Levee surfboard, and the headstock is again, an anotomically correct representation of a BZ Flybat bodyboard. If anyone's interested in looking at the boards themselves, I'll include the links at the bottom of the page. Also, if anyone wants to see the only surfboard guitar that I have found that pre-dates mine, please have a look at http://www.rabjet.com/index.php?page=surfguitar - it's even crazier than mine!

If anyone else can find pictures of surfboard guitars - I'd love to see 'em! B)

Anyway, enough - here are the specs:

Kent Armstrong Gibson P90 Humbucker retrofit

Steinberger gearless tuners

Tonepros locking Tune-o-matic Bridge and Tailpiece

Double pot wiring

Vintage Bone Nut

p.s. I'm not a surfer. The guy who commissioned it is...

surfguitarlong700.jpg

surfguitarbody.jpgsurfguitarhead.jpg

surfguitarplaying.jpg

To see the boards, go to:

http://www.proctorsurf.com/store/site/prod...C959A5F594EA48B

and

http://www.bzproboards.com/flash.html

Edited by rogerabjet

stdstar001l.jpg

stdstar001m.jpg

stdstar001n.jpg

stdstar001p.jpg

STANDARD SERIES - Star

Alder body, heavy birdseye maple neck and fretboard. Dunlop Jumbo fretwire, Gotoh tuners, Floyd Rose Original bridge. Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon pickup.

Clear over base paint - gloss for the body and headstock, satin for the neck. Overdrive Blue for the body, with white/yellow/orange/red/maroon flames bound in hand painted baby blue pinstripes.

More photos HERE

This guitar was inspired by THIS OVERDRIVE PEDAL

I am aware that I dont have any chance for this but at least now i have something to enter gotm :D

----dominator----

Body: Mahogany

Neck: Maple with rosewood fingerboard

Pickups: EMG 81

Scale length: 25"

PB220004-1.jpg

PB220009-1.jpg

PB220006.jpg

PB220005.jpg

Edited by croaticum