Guitar Of The Month For January

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded with a special badge to show you won!

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 23rd or 24th of December then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well otherwise one will be given to it :)

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Searls Guitars - WARBIRD #1

This guitar was commissioned by a gentleman who wanted a guitar to tribute his father. The number is his VX# from WWII. The truss rod cover is engraved with his regiment emblem and the rear cavity cover is engraved with a war medal he was awarded.

Here is a quote from the owner:

He is a big part of my life and we have always known and have been very proud of his achievements in WW2.. He is the only living survivor of the Australian Army's only ever parachute jump into battle. 30 other Aussie's jumped with Dad and thousands of US Airborne in New Guinea.

Clear pics of the engraving etc can be seen here:

http://searlsguitars.com.au/Gallery/027/027gallery.html

IMG_4200small.jpg

IMG_4196small.jpg

IMG_4218small.jpg

More photo's and build pics (slideshow):

Left Handed SS6 Neckthru - Warbird #1

Maple neck

African Mahogany headstock and body

Ebony fingerboard with large diamond abalone inlays

White binding

Kahler Tremolo

Bareknuckle Painkiller Bridge Pickup - camo finish

Bareknuckle Painkiller Neck pickup - camo finish

Coil split and three way selector switch

CTS 500k pots

0.022uf Paper Dipped in Oil Capacitor

Switchcraft output jack

Schaller style strap locks - Black

Grover tuning Machines - Black

12 degree +/- headstock angle

16" fingerboard radius

25.5" fingerboard scale

24 frets

6150 Dunlop fretwire

Black side dots

Comfort curve rear

Gentle top carve

Hello!

I'm going to take pictures this week of the guitar, so I can show it better, right now I only have bad pics of it alone and more pics of the owner playing it...

It's called Daniel Brita's "Evil Tele" signature :)

Was a project to my friend Daniel Brita that is an excelent musician, but didn't had a good guitar to work...

It's based on a Telecaster, but made to be more versatile and look alike the style of the guy.

Mahogany body

Spalted + Burl maple top

Wenge deep set neck and fretboard

Bare Knuckle the Crawler bridge and Stormy Monday neck (bought used from Mr Wez Venables, thanks for the help, mate!)

Gotoh hardtail bridge

Sperzel locking tuners

Black Buffalo's horn nut

25" scale

TeleBritaI.jpg

TeleBritaaliveI.jpg

Hello,

This is Patience.

IMG_1855.jpg

I built this one with no templates or plans, and used chisels to accomplish most of the build including the truss rod rout, TR access hole, body shape, neck thickness and taper, headstock shape and topographic carve on the body.

Specs are:

Mahogany neck-thru w/

Maple stringers and Padauk wings / headstock

25.5 inch scale length with a bookmatched maple fretboard

SM pyramid shaped frets

1 bucker, 1 vol. ,1 tone

Gold hardware

More pics:

305614_3895891127932_159870515_n.jpg

It has a pretty balanced tone, with a nice bright snap due to the maple fretboard. I posted a video of it in the build thread: http://projectguitar...showtopic=46128

61670_3895898048105_295132409_n.jpg

305518_3895882207709_395452000_n.jpg

Hi,

This is an bass I built for a friend.

Some specs:

34" scale

1-piece walnut root body, front radiused, back is lacquered, front is oil/wax

bolt-on walnut neck with center lam of cherry, lacquered back, radiused headstock face - oil/wax

rosewood fretboard, 12" radius, 22 frets, walnut markers, aluminum nut

handmade dual action rod

all the tiny bits handmade out of aluminum

custom made bridge out of maple, ebony and aluminum

volume + tone, GFS Music Man pickup, pasive

copper shielding

It has a great sound, will post some sound clips when I get them.

The build is covered in http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=46610

1img20121216123745.jpg

3img20121216123814.jpg

4img20121216123828.jpg

7img20121216123908.jpg

My entry this month is my interpretation of my Marlin electric shape, as an acoustic. A couple things about the build, it's sort of a middle finger to traditionalists. Shape, construction, color; all flying in their faces. And I love it. It turned out great. It's my favorite acoustic (and maybe even guitar) I've ever built, and I don't usually say that about each new guitar. Although it's loud enough to keep up with my OM I built (which it's general size and bracing were based on), and my voice, it is quite a bit smaller than an OM for one simple reason: the smaller upper bout width. However, like I said, even with this air-volume reduction it's matching the sound-volume of the standard OM.

It's set up to play like an electric in terms of almost every aspect, and it does. String spacings, action settings, neck joint style, etc. One key aspect of the neck joint is the usage of the Myka All-Access acoustic heel. It really is a dream to be able to play up that high with no hand issues on an acoustic.

closeupfront_zpscf15b9d5.jpg

Specs:

Body- Black Limba back and sides with a lutz spruce top. The top is braced lightly, but traditionally, with a scalloped x-brace pattern. The rosette is black and white ebony with b/w/b purfling. The body is bound using the same b/w/b purflings on the top, back, and sides, with curly maple binding dyed deep blue. The guitar was then finished in nitro with a blue-to-natural burst on the top.

Neck- Curly soft maple neck with ebony fretboard. The neck has an LMI double-action truss rod and 1/4" carbon fiber runners. This carbon fiber also disperses some of the set neck style neck joint load from the neck block to the sides in a buttressing fashion. Headplate and back strap are ebony with a curly black limba route down on the headstock. Abalone and MOP Marlin logo inlay with MOP side dots.

"Hardware"- Gotoh Sta-tite tuners, unbleached buffalo bone nut and saddle, black and white ebony bridge.

side_zps9dc315a6.jpg

back_zpsd647253e.jpg

front_zps18a63eda.jpg

Apologies for the reflection of my hideous hoodie right above the end wedge in that last one hahaha.

I call it the OMarlin,

Chris

Hello everyone! This is "Black Snake"...

A few of the specs...

• Two piece 21 fret red oak snakehead neck
  • D neck profile
  • Bone nut
  • Dunlop 6100 frets
  • Custom snakeskin pickguard
  • Black nitro lacquer finish
  • Wilkinson compensated three saddle bridge
  • Guitar Fetish Lil Puncher Hot Lead dual rail pups

Body construction is composite MDF/pine. She sounds and plays like a dream...drives an amp hard, but cuts through the mix. This is not your fathers T!

DSC_0578.JPG

DSC_0581.JPG

DSC_0582.JPG

DSC_0585.JPG

• Like 1

BLUE VELVET

This is one that I have just completed and has been collected today. It was commissioned by a very nice German man currently living in Co. Cork, Ireland. I was really sad to part with this one. We've all been through it, it's like giving away one of your kids!!

Here's the breakdown:

Top: AAA grade flame maple with a sapele back

Neck and fingerboard: Mastergrade bird-eye maple.

Pick-ups: Seymour Duncan Vintage P90 in the neck and a Pearly Gates in the bridge (with coil tapping)

Hipshot tuners and a Wilkinson rolling bridge

22 fret

12 radius

24 3/4 scale length

Construction is bolt-on (customer is always right :) )

Bone nut

Abalone inlays with a hand-cut Kingfisher on the headstock (custom designed by the customers' girlfriend) and custom inlay on the 12th fret.

IMG_0111_zpsa37bfe92.jpg

8copy-2_zps196d4bf5.jpg

2-7_zps3c4e41ce.jpg

6-8_zps0042e7da.jpg