Large Gap Between Fretboard and Neck Pickup

Retuos

4 hours ago, ScottR said:

You usually end up with a stair-step look. B is a little further back from the high E, G a little behind the B, A even with or a little in front of the G, D a little further back and likewise with the low E. You can set them up that way to begin with if you like, but you are going to move them all to intonate once the build is done, assembled and strung up. The only important thing to do first is get your bridge located properly for your scale length.

SR

Yea, I get it. Thanks a lot Scott.:)

I have started to redraw it and drew the centre line and then just two lines showing the 25" scale length from the high E (As is on the saddle) to the nut. When you say located properly, what do you mean?

R

2 minutes ago, curtisa said:

We can move this thread to somewhere more appropriate if you like, say the Solid Body and Bass Chat area.

Yea, could do although this section seem quiet appropriate anyway being the In progress build area? Could the title just be changed?

If you anticipate that you'll use this thread to post your progress on your build, then yes, we can leave it as-is. If you'd rather use this thread to discuss the technicalities of how to do something (as we have been doing so far), then there are other areas of the forum that will better serve, if only to keep things looking neat and tidy on the forum. Entirely up to you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, curtisa said:

If you anticipate that you'll use this thread to post your progress on your build, then yes, we can leave it as-is. If you'd rather use this thread to discuss the technicalities of how to do something (as we have been doing so far), then there are other areas of the forum that will better serve, if only to keep things looking neat and tidy on the forum. Entirely up to you.

I think I'll use this as a progress thread from now onwards. Can the title be changed? Where on the forum should I post about the technicalities of stuff? Just so I know :thumb:.

R

17 hours ago, Retuos said:

I have started to redraw it and drew the centre line and then just two lines showing the 25" scale length from the high E (As is on the saddle) to the nut. When you say located properly, what do you mean?

R

Exactly that. Assuming you are planning a 25" scale, adjust the high E saddle 75% to 80% of the way forward and line it up on that line you made 25" from the nut. Place the center point of the gap between the third and fourth saddles on the center line of the neck and body and your bridge is located properly. Wait until you have your neck in position on your body and verify all your measurements before you actually drill and screw holes.

You can continue your build thread right here or start a new one; it's entirely up to you. some would prefer to have this discussion included in the build thread, as the information is relevant to the build. Others would prefer a clean start dusted with the sawdust of the first cuts.

SR