Ok, so Not Really an Auction, But....

GEdwardJones

Those are sooooooo Sweet looking :D

I Love the Amber Flame at the bottom of the third link B)

Both Dennis and I have been talking about buying one of those for forever. My logic is, unless the neck sucks $250 is well worth one of those. And even if the neck sucks they'd look cool as wall hangings.

And yes, that Amber flame is GORGEOUS.

The natural quilt is very very sweet too!!

I've seen these guitars for about a year on Rondomusic now, but too bad the suckers don't ship international :D

In order of lust.

1. Amber Flame

2. Natural Quilt

3. Natural Mahog V

4. Blue Quilt

Modifying the headstock is a must.

I've actually been trying to buy one of those for a while now, but stuff keeps coming up to jack up my finances (getting married, moving, car stuff, etc.) So I keep praying that they'll order more when they sell out.

Dang, if that Amber Flame is even close to that nice in person....

These guitars have been the talk of a lot of other forums that I browse. A few people have bought them and haven't had much of a complaint except the usual heaviness and pickup complaints. It's blasphemous that guitars like that are so cheap!

Oh, *that* is good news. GE and I have been drooling over that amber flame 2500 for at least a year, but I've been kinda gun-shy since I can't give em a test run. It's great to hear there hasn't been any complaints, I'm dying for one. :D

At $250, a new set of pickups is easily affordable. Sad thing is, to get PAFs from Gibson would cost almost as much as the guitar!!! B)

I love the blue quilt as well. It just doesn't get me like the amber flame does. YUM.

~d~

I keep telling Dennis he needs to buy one so I can live vicariously thru him.

Yeah, and I keep telling GE to buy two. One for him to check out and the other as a friendship present to me. :D

But the last time I bought somebody a guitar I married her two years later. So, I don't think that's an option.

I keep telling Dennis he needs to buy one so I can live vicariously thru him.

Yeah, and I keep telling GE to buy two. One for him to check out and the other as a friendship present to me. :D

But the last time I bought somebody a guitar I married her two years later. So, I don't think that's an option.

Point. LOL

I'll be buying one of these when I get my tuition reimbursement money in June. The reviews are incredible on 'em!!!

~d~

Ok, Quick review. I just got my Agile LP 2500 Blue Quilt. The finish is beautiful and the binding is flawless. The craftsmanship is very high quality. The neck is straight and strong and the fret board is nice and smooth. So far from what I've played it sounds and plays very nice but of course would sound better with virtual PAF's. The only complaint I have about this guitar is that I believe I'll have to replace the nut because of an Open low E buzz on the first fret and the nut is very deep cut and it just looks like a cheap nut. Overall impression on whether it is worth the $249 + shipping. DEFINITELY!!

I also want to add that I emailed Kurt at Rondo Music just after I got an e-mail that the guitar was shipped to ask him what guage strings these are shipped with, 9's in case you are wondering, and he replied within 10 minutes which to me is excellent customer service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

how strange!i can't tell if the bridge is off center or if the controls are placed wrong,but something is amiss.

The bridge is off centre, presumably to compensate for an inperfect neck joint. If you look for the bookmatch of the figured top, you can see that the stop tail bar is damn nearly half an inch of centre - not a problem for playability, but definately not ideal, and probably not within what I'd consider an acceptable margin of error. Ensuring that your body centreline and neck centreline match up and are dead straight is one of the fundamentals of guitar construction, getting it that far off shows a lack of attention to detail, and I can't help but worry what else might crop up over time.

That said, I'm sure it's like any budget guitar - you can get a total gem or a real dog. With that in mind I'd be very wary of mail ordering, unless you can exchange one you are unsatisfied with.