Crazy spacing after fret board

Sorry I dont think I described it well enough. I want to put in a realy long fretboard and it will be ending about 4 cm before the end of the scale(25 1/2"). I will prob put in a single coil sized humbucker for space saving so would I be able to put in a floyd rose speedloader aswel.

Not sure if this makes it clearer but hopefully it will.

Unfortunatly I cant go into details as I realy dont want people to know the details of the guitar until it is finished as it a eral concept design. People will probably figure it out though. It wont be built for at least a year though as I have to wait until next year to make my SG, which will be the first built so I can get funds.

When I do make it though I will write up on it all and post the full thing. Dont hold your breath though.

Also any opinions on a realy!!!! heavy wood that has great tone for lead? Kinda offf topic I know.

Also reponses to the original question are still very welcome how ever I have got a great response already.

68 lost souls, was it you looking for a fret spacing calculator that took any number of frets/scale length/rounded to one thousandth?

http://www.buildyourguitar.com/resources/f...c/jscrptclc.htm

that was him, but that has a maximum of 24 frets, but its funny, cuz when it tells you to enter the measurement unit, you can enter anything (i.e. goobers) and it will say that the first fret is at X goobers.

Its all up in my head at the moment and its gonna stay there for a few months at least. Diffinately until I have the plans sorted out anyway.

Fret number? Thats the thing, its a secret until I unvail it.

So any thoughts on a realy realy heavy wood?

Is rose wood the heaviest tone wood?

Ineed the heaviest wood you can get with a greaat lead tone. Im thinking shoulder braking heavy.

Oak's a damned heavy wood, not sure how it sounds to be honest, but I know its freaking heavy as hell... try shifting a solid Oak bench and you'll see my point :D

My experience with oak is that it's not the greatest wood to work with as far as musical instruments go. It is indeed back-breakingly heavy, but I don't hear the tone out of it that you would expect.

Oak drums, for example, sound like absolute piss to me, when compared to maple or even mahogany drums (mahogany is the cheap stuff in the drum world).

68 lost souls, was it you looking for a fret spacing calculator that took any number of frets/scale length/rounded to one thousandth?

http://www.buildyourguitar.com/resources/f...c/jscrptclc.htm

that was him, but that has a maximum of 24 frets, but its funny, cuz when it tells you to enter the measurement unit, you can enter anything (i.e. goobers) and it will say that the first fret is at X goobers.

Simple.

Change your scale length to half (treat the 12th fret as the nut) and calculate 24 frets. That will give you a total of 36 frets. Still not enough?

Change the scale length to 1/4 the size (treat the 24th fret as the nut) and calculate 24 frets again. That will give you 48.

You are going to reach a point where the fretwire is too wide and you wont be able to place them side by side. The most I've seen is 36and that was rediculously close. I'm not sure that you can even build a 48 freter.