Metallica or Slayer

smitty

Slayer or 'Tallica  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like the one above, if Metallica were the same as in kill'em all thru And Justice for All, it would have been a close one, but St Anger sucks big time, a friend offered to burn it for me and I told him not to waste a CD, he burned me a copy of Panteras Cowboy's from Hell.

SLAYER all the way

metallica baby, st. anger isnt metallica, some guys dressed up as james hetfeild and kirk hammet, and lars, and some guy named rob trujillo was like, we cant find a guy to look like the real guy, so the real guy is gonna quit the band and we are gonna have me instead of him! and so they killed the real guys and told everybody that they are metallica, so st. anger dont count :D

metallica baby, st. anger isnt metallica, some guys dressed up as james hetfeild and kirk hammet, and lars, and some guy named rob trujillo was like, we cant find a guy to look like the real guy, so the real guy is gonna quit the band and we are gonna have me instead of him! and so they killed the real guys and told everybody that they are metallica, so st. anger dont count B)

haha. some guys dressed up as james and lars, but some girl dressed up as kirk :D

metallica easy even with the blemish of st anger

cmon.. the slayer singer sux, talk about monotonous

slayer drummer probably kicks lars' ass so i give you that

but guitars are so much more emotional and well thought out on tallicas side

KK has some sort of technical profficiancy but can you say "i love the chromatic scale so much i think i'll marry it" ??? :D

metallica easy even with the blemish of st anger

Load and Reload!

cmon.. the slayer singer sux, talk about monotonous

James have been getting better, I won't denny that, but the lirics in St. are as monotonous as they can be.tick, tick, tick

slayer drummer probably kicks lars' ass so i give you that

but guitars are so much more emotional and well thought out on tallicas side

Yes they are, have been, but I don't know if they will be!

And he owns the chromatic scale, patented and everything else :D

I just think that they could have donemuch better than that!

well consider this...metallica's guitar playing (ALL of it) is considered "intermediate" level playing(even on master of puppets

slayer is "advanced"

i have been playing both for 14 years,and i have to tell you that metallica even in their heyday were still the easiest thrash metal band to play....

slayer is more complex than you will ever realize until you try to learn to play something from them...yes they have some simple songs,but unlike metallica,they push the boundaries of their playing

slayer have MUCH better guitarists and much more creativity

and metallica now is nothing but a wanna be glam band IMO

this poll should ask "who is more mainstream?"

that would be more accurate

but when i was young i also thought metallica was better...but that was my ignorance

i'll agree slayer are more technically profficiant

but i'd say metallicas guitars are still more skilled in terms of musicality, they just sound nicer to the general ear

creativity though.... i think metallica have been far more versatile throughout their career, more slayer sounds the same than metallica sounds the same to me

when i was young i thought metallica were good too, but it wasn't ignorance, it was musical taste...an ever changing thing it seems

i don't listen to metallica at all anymore by the way... just not a fan anymore :D

when i was young i thought metallica were good too, but it wasn't ignorance, it was musical taste...an ever changing thing it seems

you misunderstood me...i still think the old albums are good...i just don't think they are more skilled than slayer

i think metallica have been far more versatile throughout their career, more slayer sounds the same than metallica sounds the same to me

well...metallica does more ballads...but i don't call that new stuff (after "justice")being versatile...because it is not very good imo...they are not living up to their talent...not even close