Ahhhh

hey everyone

Im just some 15 year old kid who thinks hes a big hotshot and thinks he can paint his own guitar, well, i guess i am NOT a hotshot. So i need some help.

I purchased a kramer focus 2000 at a pawnshop last year, and i loved it as soon as i saw it, but, the thing is, it was dented and scratched to hell, soooooo, i decided to build a new body for it, and when that didn't work out, i sanded down all the paint off the original body, and then stared at it for a while. I decided to paint it a flourescent pink, but upon commentary from my instructor, i find it was not the right kind of paint. So, i bought a black lacquer, which he said was the best for a project like this. Now, I need some help with the painting. I have already put a couple coats on, but it isnt working out too well, im getting the hang of keeping it drip free, but when do i know when to put on clear? how to i get it nice and flat without that orange peel bumpiness? Help, thanks a bunch

-Dean :D

is this your only guitar?i hope not cause painting takes forever.look in the tutorial section there is alot of info there.it's under refinishing or something like that.also read through all the past topics in this section because lgm has supplied ALOT of tips and paint reccomendations.it's going to be tough for you to take your time and get it right if you don't have another guitar to play.it's going to be tough to be a guitar god without a guitar :D (just teasing)

really though read through the site all you need to know about painting is already here(almost).good luck!

ok, what you want to do at this point is let it completely dry.....now sand it until its all level and nice....now go back to painting and just do some light tack coats.....in other words, just barely mist the guitar with paint....try keeping the guitar back as far as possible from your paint can or whatever your using......keep doing this until you build up enough to cover nicely...in other words, go slowly...then clear, which is a lot harder

Why didnt you do pink?? I own a pink guitar and im not gay!!! oh wait you didnt say anythign bout gay lol :D i actully cheated and bought my body off ebay alreayd pink :D to see it go look at the thread "Update on the pink dean pimpcaster" :D im gonna paint oen soon neon green B)

Rich

WOW

Hey lgm, those guitars are way too amazing!

My guitar teacher has an orignial jem tested by vai himself with the vine inlay, and its YELLOW! It is the nicest guitar ever. He rebuilt it after he found it in a pawnshop, and he bought it when it was almost completely smashed, the pickups were hanging out, the neck was cracked, the neck pocket has a crack in it, but he fixed it all up, and he got his friend to paint a rose over a crack in te finish.

It is my dream to own a jem some day, but i would love to have it pink, that vine inlay is orgasmic!

I paid 26 bucks(and another 10 shipping) w/ bridge for my body off ebay...Man im glad im not the only guy that will admit he likes pink guitars! (atleast i mean straight i assume all you guys are too :D youve guys have met my g/f here on the forum so you know i am lol

Rich B)

pink guitars are cool. I'm building a strat for my roadie now, as a gift for his birthday.

For some reason he loves to imitate pigs when fat chicks are around and gets away with it... ehehe

I guess I'll call his strat a "swine-o-caster" and paint it pink. Now if I could find a nice pig related inlay...:-)

pink guitars are cool. I'm building a strat for my roadie now, as a gift for his birthday.

For some reason he loves to imitate pigs when fat chicks are around and gets away with it... ehehe

man thats cool dude, i wish i could be ur roadie, i would love a guitar like that until the day i die, man, u have to send pics when its done