EMG Active bass pickups

You shouldn't be able to find a site where you can purchase EMG active pickups online. It is against EMG policy to advertise the price even in catalogs.

I did find this site and as soon as EMG does they will be selling something they can't supply.

EMG has very strict rules about selling their pickups. :ph34r:

While EMG enjoys a world wide distribution market they simply can't at this point in time deal with a heavier volume than they are producing at the moment.

They are in the process of expanding but the difference between producing a non-active pickup vs. an active pickup is time consuming and a different process for which I don't have all the details.

I do know this, EMG is a growing company that through a stroke of luck was given worldwide popularity by top artists. The problem of keeping up with the demand for their product has forced them to apply certain rules to their distributors and all but eliminating stores such as the Mom and Pop Guitarshops.

For a small shop you have to sign a contract stateing that you will NOT advertise the price of the active pickups and you also have to make a commitment to purchase a minimum ($) amount of them on a monthly basis.

Another thing which hinders the small shop is their orders usually take up to 6 weeks to process. EMG is not doing this because they don't want the business, it is simply a fact that they can not meet the demands put to them at this point in time. They are working to expand but doing it in a smart manner which will keep the high quality standards you would expect from them.

I've seen several sites online selling EMG's but you have to email them for pricing... now it makes sense. Now I wonder if even THAT is legal under their agreement. But how can stores sell them if they can't 'advertise the price'. That seems to mean that if you have them on display at a store you have to go to the cashier to figure out how much they cost... :D Or is it okay to list the price at the store, as long as you dont actually advertise them? No one around here carries EMG's so I just dont know. B)

they advertise prices at the stores.guitar center sells 81s for $89.the cheapest i ever got them was $70 here but that was before the pricing rules.(about 6 months ago)you have to call for prices now but i would definately check with them.anything under $80 is a really good price for humbuckers(emg's i mean)