Big Bad Hollowbody

That is really impressive, and even more so for your second guitar. My hat is off to you! Beautiful work.

I had a feeling you were a graphic designer. (I am too.) Your logo, site and even the little details like the label inside your fatboy all look like they've got the touch of a professional designer. I really dig the logo... it's really nicely drawn! :D

It's pronounced High tone. Like Silvertone. I'm still working on making the logo a little more obvious. Maybe a hyphen would help.

How about Hi-Tone --get that rockabilly vibe in there...

I really like your surf guitar too --where'd you get the Bigsby for that? (You should have one on the fatboy too, of course). I like the lipsticks too.

Other question: since you're pretty handy with design, how about coming up with your OWN design for your next guitar?

I'm sorry, man, but I just can't take that guitar seriously if it lacks a Bigsby! :DB)

Great job. I'm becoming more and more of a sucker for hollowbody guitars (especially ones that have Bigsbies) and this is a prime example, with a great looking finish to boot (save for the glaring lack of a Bigsby). Keep up the good work (as long as the next ones have Bigsbies).

Did I mention that it needed a Bigsby?

Just in case, here's the link to the homepage:

http://www.bigsbyguitars.com/

:D

Absolutely gorgeous. The body is nice and plump, with great curves. Kind of like my wife. B) But, and I hate to criticize, but it looks like the neck is not aligned well. It looks a little off angle. I hope it is just the pictures. :D

It is on the whole a great job. Especially for a second guitar. Great piece of work.

I'm a graphic designer so I might have gone a little overboard on the site. Do you think the thongs a bit much?

I wondered why the site looked so professional! Seriously, it looked like you were a company or something. As for the thongs, I got a laugh when I saw those, but they look pretty cool, I might just pick one up for my GF! :D

Very awesome guitar, BTW! Sounds like you used a non-traditional process of constructing the body, sounds interesting!

You seriously gotta make some sound clips, too! B)

Edited by Kyle Cavanaugh

Thanks for the great comments. I don't want to geek out, but it's so awesome we have a forum like this, filled with all you guys (and gals?).

skibum5545

I am a huge Bigsby fan. I intentionally wanted to build a straight forward guitar. I had issues with my first guitar going out of tune. While I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Bigsby. I wanted this guitar to be free of all the issues I had the first time. Now I'm ready to put then on!

Godin SD

I bought the pickups from Custom Shop Parts. They sell a bunch of stuff on eBay. The pickups sound great.

jay5

I used a router to cut a stair step for the arch. Then I went and carved it smooth with a spoke knife and a barrel sander mounted to a drill. I'm hoping to get a drill press or even a router copier for my next ventures.

You have an eagle eye. I had a slight angle misalignment between the neck and bridge. I compensated with notching a new set of bridge saddles. A tip I took from Dale Erlewine. It plays really well and most people don't notice when they are looking at it.

idch

Thanks for tagline. I am working on a more original design. I usually look to cheap old for inspiration. I think the next one will have more of that.

Kyle Cavanaugh

Thanks for the comments on the site. I hope to someday to be a real company.

:D As for the name. I said it before, I'm still working on it, but if it gets you thinking I might just leave it.

Hitone - pronounced Hi tone, not hit one

You wouldn't say ram ones!

You would say Ramones.

Or Silvert one! It's Silvertone.

But you can just call me Rob!

• 1 month later...

Hitone - pronounced Hi tone, not hit one

You wouldn't say ram ones!

You would say Ramones.

Or Silvert one! It's Silvertone.

But you can just call me Rob!

if it was spelled Hightone but when i looked at hitone i see two words Hit and One.

but either way that guitar is beautiful :D

Maybe it's a generational thing... I never saw it as anything other than "high tone". Back in the day, if anyone came up with that brand, they wouldn't have wasted the extra "g" and "h". Maybe they would've used a hyphen, Hi-Tone.

I like the potential ambiguity. In the great movie, "Local Hero", the band from the village playing at the ceilidh was the Acetones. Ace Tones or acetone(s)?