Its time to make a relic

Here it is, time to go for it. Here's what I have.

Mockup of what it will be:

P1280010.JPG

(Kramer neck used for illustration purposes only)

Alder body

Maple neck (flamed)/fretboard

Bullet trussrod

CBS Big head

HSS

Floyd (might change to hardtail, still in the air.)

Lake Placid blue ish. LPB is hard to find, so I am using GM Bright Aqua, a C4 Corvette color. LPB was similar, used on 1958 Caddies (also called LPB) and known to Gibson as Pellham Blue. Bright aqua is pretty close, and it's a relic, it dont need to be exact.

NOTE: If you dont like relics, that's your thing. Just dont flame me for it

Edited by litchfield

No, I like em, when they are dobne right, and not just beat up. The wear marks meed to be accurate. I really hate it when someone just beats the snot out of a guitar and calls it reliced. No , that was you beating the snot out of a guitar. :D

I dont like Fender's Relics because they are way too expensive. I saw a 62 strat for $2300 recently. It has been refinned, but who cares? It's got the Mojo!

Seesm relics are "IN" right now,

I really love relics, so no prob here

I found this cool pic that might help you

0113219.jpg

I thik it should be a bit more torn and scratshed and stuff but the pickguard and color look nice!

Oh yeah and don't forget considering a reliced matching headstock!!

Am looking forward to see thsi project comming to life!

I know this wasnt the intention of this thread, but I just have to say my bit while others are saying theres :D

I dont have anything against relics, I think they look cool, but I would never make one or buy one B) I would much prefer a naturally relic'd guitar, that has the old soul of a guitar born from production many many many years ago. That to me is the reason why I love those old mid 50's strats that you see popping up as ads for rare guitar companies in guitar mags, and why i dont flinch when i see a relic'd guitar.

That said though, i admire the hard work and amazing accuracy that goes into the high quality relic jobs and i honestly hope you job turns out well Litchfield... looks like you have the right attitude (that is to make sure you do it properly).

Good Luck, keep the piccies coming!

- Dan