Staining a quilt

strummer2k

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post the damned pictures, I know that's what you want to do!

would you like me to move this topic to the tutorials section?we already have a good written tutorial from drak in this thread...and if perry puts in his method...it would be quite the valuable thread....

and in tutorials you can post enough pics to get your point across

would you like me to move this topic to the tutorials section?we already have a good written tutorial from drak in this thread...and if perry puts in his method...it would be quite the valuable thread....

No Wes, this is a protest. If i cant freely assist someone, then they get no assistance at all. We shouldnt HAVE to have an "official" tutorial post, just to share information.

No Wes, this is a protest. If i cant freely assist someone, then they get no assistance at all. We shouldnt HAVE to have an "official" tutorial post, just to share information.

well i am going to move it anyway...someone else may want the privilege of posting multiple pics

So is your Maple really red or brown? I'm assuming it is? I don't want you to have to use the wood bleach unless you have to, I'm not trying to complicate things, but it is additional information I thought you should be made aware of so you can make a more informed decision.

It definitely has a couple of places where it is brown. Not bad, but I have been wondering all along what effect they may have. I believe I will try the bleach. I'll head to Lowe's tomorrow and pick some up.

Thanks everyone for your input. I always get great advise here.

Drak - do I have this right? In your pics: for example, the tele looks like you dyed it purple, sanded back and then dyed it blue? Is that what you're trying to show with those? But it looks like you have black in there too. I am confused about what the sequence is supposed to be showing. However, the end result looks great as usual.

wow Perry I didn't know we couldn't post pictures unless they was in the tutorial section.. Yikes.. I might have broke some rules lately.. Sorry guys.. I didn't know we couldn't post a picture anymore.

the new rules are that you can post one picture per post,then link to the rest,to save loading times for dial up users

in the tutorial section though..IF it is a tutorial(i can hear you thinking)you can post as many pictures as needed

Yeah strum, it's black in the first pics of both the Tele and Strat, just different angles of the sun probably.

Believe it or not, the major component in most black dyes is....Blue!

Take a little dye with the sink running and drop a drop of black dye into the running water (which breaks it down) you'll plainly see blue running away from it.

Know how to make black blacker?

Add orange! (true fact)

Oh, so we can post ten pictures to a thread, in ten seperate posts?? Ok, well, now i really dont understand....

Let me get this right.. You can now only post one picture with a post in the forum, except here? So if he posted those 10 pictures in 10 post it would have taken 3 minutes for each post.. for a total of 30 minutes. I thought that litch said that you could post 10 pictures now in the regular forum now? I musta read it wrong.

And IN THIS SECTION...

You can post a maximum of 10 pics PER POST. The software just won't accept any more pics than 10, it's always been that way. So if you have 15 pics, you can fit 10 in one post and 5 in the next one.

Comprende? :D

Yup, and in the OTHER forum section, ie: non tutorial, we are expected to post ten pictures over ten threads, which takes a minimum of 30 minutes because of the flood control, bla bla bla This wasnt even a tutorial until four or five posts ago.

So, to post in a tutorial, with 10 pics per post, we have to make it a tutorial first, WITHOUT pics...

what a blatant waste of time.

The rule is to assist dial up members. See HERE which proves thats a waste of time even thinking about it.