Modding My Washburn Strat

Curtis P

alrighty, I wanted to build another guitar, but since I feel that I should get a little more experiance with wood working then plunging into another guitar, I am going to mod my washburn

Specs, as it is now:

21 fret rosewood fingerboard, maple neck

Unknown body wood, most likely ash, alder or maple

Stock single coil pickups

5 way toggle switch

2 tone 1 volume

fender style tremelo bridge with stock tuners and nut

Specs, as it will be

21 fret rosewood fingerboard and maple neck

brand new single coil pickups (unkown brand yet, maybe lil 59 for bridge)

Stainless steel pickgaurd

no toggle switch (i hate it)

3 volume, no tone

Now, the guitar is presently red, and i MIGHT change it to black and go with the stainless steel pickgaurd, because it has the chrome tuners and bridge, but i am still undecided

Pics to come soon! my mom works at furniture and electronics store and is gettin me a DEAL on a digital camera, woo hoo!

I would like some suggestions on pickup type and brands, remeber I am on a slight budget

Curtis

Edit

I had a Brainwave to do a plexi glass pickguard with plexi glass trem cover, do you think this would be a better route then stainless?

Curtis

we cannot control the look of the guitar, but i would consider the stainless steel over the plexiglass because it is better eye candy. i mean cmon, who would want to look at your horrible wiring job. (J/k)

or you could wire some leds under the plexiglass, i dunno, its your guitar, your decision

3 volume, no tone

Just like what I did on my Jackson RR, I will have a volume/pickup so I can blend them together

Pics to come soon! my mom works at furniture and electronics store and is gettin me a DEAL on a digital camera, woo hoo!

Cant forget that, LOL!!

Curtis