The Nebula

What?? You are 14??!  :D

That guitar looks like it was built by a luthier with 14-year experience!

I guess now it's safe to say you are born to make guitars.

So again..

What?? You are 14??!  B)

No, the real question is, does he play half as well as he can build?

Hey, mushy, I'd love to hear some clips of this guitar (and your playing) if you can post them.

Oh yeah, and I really like the 'stealth pickup' idea...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mushy, that's a great attempt considering your age. I'm floored by what you've accomplished. Yes, there are imperfections, but you've no doubt learned way more than that.

I would suggest you go back to that design a little down the road and do it again. It can only be better. I can't imagine how nice that would be.

When my first guitar is done I hope it gets the same approval from the members of this forum as yours has. That might be asking too much though! :D

Keep building. We've got our eyes on you!

Dave

wow.. i did NOT expect to see this thread pop back up....  :D  B)

Yeah, it's been quite a while. I'm still 14 (yes, Zephyr, 14). I have a few demos I recorded with a different guitar from last summer (which you can access at http://staticline.drastic-creations.com/songs.htm the third set are my demos, and can be downloaded). I used a different guitar, the synth drums suck, and they are a little spacy, considering I left space for vocals (if you know anyone, or if you yourself sing, go ahead, and lay something down). Anyway, I have been playing for a little over 10 years total, with 8 years of Classical guitar training, and almost 3 of rock. Judge for yourself if I'm any good. As for clips of the Nebula, I still don't have adequate recording devices to properly capture it's sound, so I'm not even going to try.

I have been thinking of a next project, and I hope to start it late spring, or early summer. It is in the basic "minimalist" style of the nebula, with the same shape, and embedded pickup, but I have about 6 new concepts I hope to introduce. If anyone wants more info, I can explain. I've calculated the total cost, and it comes to about $1200 (ouch), unless someone knows of a free spray gun I can use.

Anyway, thanks for the continued support!

• 5 months later...

jeez 14, it makes me think i should get started on building soon. i'm 19 and havent built a guitar yet. :D

i have to say, that guitar is absolutely fantastic. i've been looking around for a neck-through neck that you could buy like that. its great that i found out where to buy one now. so i'm gonna build a sweet bass!!!