Walnut Strat

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/Ibr...ldem/strat5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/Ibr...em/24a8ce27.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/Ibr...em/d10c3e31.jpg

I messed up one of the bolts placement,but I guess I can live with it.Still no truss cover,pickguard screws or jack plate on the side yet.I plan on putting quilt veneer on a pickguard to match the headstock.

Semi hollow.It was so heavy that I routed out the whole shape of the pickguard.

It sounds awsome.The neck and middle PU are from a 2002 strat.The bridge is a Squire that will be replaced.It has more snap than most strat,but not as bright as I would have thought.

The neck is finished in polymerized tung oil and then covered in a mineral oil beeswax finish,as is the body.Open grain.It will dent if you look at it wrong,but I don't mind.The finish feels great.

Edited by ibreakemineedtobuildem

NICE WORK!! great finish looks soft and very comfortable and I think that the screw placement work's fine and look's good like you ment to do it.

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Its pretty comfortable.Not as much as a real strat.I did the arm contour and tummy contour but they don't seem to show up in the pics.I'll take another pic..I debated doing the roundover but ended up not.Just left a tiny rounded edge.I have to weigh the thing cause it's heavy.

That finish makes it feel like leather :D

Last night I played that sucker for hours.I needed that strat sound.

Didn't Fender build a Walnut strat in the 80s?I bet it was cool.

man what a wonderful chunk of wood! the figure is outstanding and you obviously did a great job with it. congrats.

• 3 months later...

If you want to make them lighter the next time . Cut a top and bottom and router them out leaving a strip bridge width down the middle to where the bridge connects.Contrary to what you may have heard.Body weight and mass eats sustain

If you want to make them lighter the next time . Cut a top and bottom and router them out leaving a strip bridge width down the middle to where the bridge connects.Contrary to what you may have heard.Body weight and mass eats sustain

You really don't know what you're talking about do you? :D

:D

I guess he was trying to be:

1. Helpful

2. Smart

he should maybe B)