Cheap Ebay Stuf

I am building myself a nice bass,mahagany body ,maple-walnut neck,everything is fine up to the point where i need to installed the bridge,easy,just pre-drill and installed.Well not so easy,the bridge i got is from ebay, very affordable,not to say cheap,look good,gold .As soon a i start to screw it in, one of the screw just pop,it snap on me.Fortunatly it is sticking out so i can get it out.But now i have a probleme, Is the bridge itself the same type of metal,and will it destroyed itself on instalation, or on string instalation ,do i take the risk,plus the maching head are from the same place.Do i take a chance? B):D

Well I don't think the bridge will break I would say go for it take a chance did you get the rest of the screws in yet if not get new ones well get new ones any way If one is weak the rest might be as well so good luck and keep us posted

!!METAL MATT!! :D

there are some really cheap ass screws being passed around the country that are so weak they will break under the slightest pressure.i unfortunately bought a few of them at a local ace hardware,and the first 2 broke off,even though i had the holes predrilled to the proper size.

do yourself a favor and buy some stainless if you can find them.or if not stewmac sells an assortment of good quality screws

it is highly unlikely that your bridge will break

pre drill size was good.one pilot size plus one of the right size after that.The screw snap so clean that the brake look polish,no edge on it.some very cheap metal like those decoration hardware in wall-mart.not for real work like holding a bridge.

Thanks for the reasurance with the bridge,and it is stainless or stew mac ,what ever i found in "rona" her( same as home hardware) will lead the way. :D

I am building myself a nice bass,mahagany body ,maple-walnut neck,everything is fine up to the point where i need to installed the bridge,easy,just pre-drill and installed.Well not so easy,the bridge i got is from ebay, very affordable,not to say cheap,look good,gold .As soon a i start to screw it in, one of the screw just pop,it snap on me.Fortunatly it is sticking out so i can get it out.But now i have a probleme, Is the bridge itself the same type of metal,and will it destroyed itself on instalation, or on string instalation ,do i take the risk,plus the maching head are from the same place.Do i take a chance? B):D

Learn English