it's done!

Well, after 2.5 years, I don't know how much money, working with the builder, and my jeweler friend, and finally Tom Anderson of Tom Anderson guitars (Tom supplied the bora bora blue stain, and the pickups) The guitar I always dreamed of is finally finished. :D

I hope you enjoy the pics. Thanks for looking in!

Craig

LavinFinal.jpg

Thanks Guys.

:D

Some of the best advice about inlay I ever got was - it gets easier the more you do it, and, don't let the size of the project make you stop before you start. Don't be afraid of the ones that seem impossible basically. And I agree.

Thanks again. B)

Craig

I'll let you know tomorrow when it gets in from the overnight shipping. The pickups are Tom Anderson. I was told they are a little "hot" but I may like that. Basically it's maple, mahogany, and an ebony back. It should sound like a les paul on steriods with a little more bite (ebony fretboard).

From my luthiers last e-mail to me today... "This is the most naturally resonant solid body guitar I have ever played! The pickups may be a bit too hot but that can be rectified easily by swapping with a different set of Anderson's. Tom wanted to know how these sounded with this wood combination. Let me know"

He's been a Gibson and Taylor 4 star repair center for over 20 years. I hope he knows what he's talking about!! :D

Thanks Brian. Your site is great B)

hey it looks great! but i found one major flaw!

you were supposed to make two guitars, the back should be on the front of another one, its awsome!!!

hey can you make me one?i have a good gig next month and i would love to have another guitar to play. :D

Sure..

Just give me about ten minutes or so to get my little jewelers saw going. Got a credit card?

You want it when?? :D

This is the "sister" to the guitar of the month. Actally I had Dave Howard make me that one because I was getting sick of waiting for my luthier to finish this one!!! B)

The 2.5 years wasn't due to the inlays, it was due to my luthier having to build this in his spare time. He does restorations full time, and repairs for Gibson and Taylor, etc...

Now I have the two :D

I can't wait to see them together!

Craig

A stunning piece of work! :D

B)