Ok Now I Am Confused!

mummi

I send in a post about a bass I am going to defrett and have some fun with .. and there I sead that it was a trash bass :D ... now I ripped it apart and noticed that the body is made out of MDF!!!! now what should I do, buy a new body or use this?? wont it sould horrible when made out of MDF??

Did you like the sound of it before the refret? Or didn't you play it before?

Somebody on the forum is making a guitar from MDF and it looks odd but he was just trying an Idea or design. Without the experiments we do, you'd never know if things like that could be done or not. Like Shaggy said, You may like it. Well, Maybe not since NOW you know it's MDF and that kinda thing you Never forget.

maybe, maybe not, wood is not the only thing that makes the sound

anyway, its just a matter of taste, you may as well like it just as very expensive wood is not a quarantee it will sound great

No I never played that bass ... but I am going to check it out how it sounds and stuff. But I have been reading articles about body wood.... How mutch does it matter what body you have??

if you go with active pickups like emgs it will effect the the sound a lil less

that has no basis in physics.everything has a starting point...emgs just color the sound FROM the basic starting point ,just like every other pickup.emgs just have a more distinctive sound which is easier for the ears to pick out than the more subtle differences between other pickups.i have played too many guitars with different woods and emg pickups to think otherwise,as well as many,many varieties of passives before i switched

a little logic goes a long way