The Impaler!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

evil_headstock.gif

Do you mean like this one that darren wilson made up for the deathviper,

I realy like this one for the IMPALER and It should be easy enough to do to my headstock now that I dont have to fill in all the tuneing pegs :D

There ya go darren Iam useing your headstock now :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Well I was more thinking of doing an axe head shape basicaly the same as the first one but with the head fliped over and larger with the botom half being allmost like a hook hears a idea of the shape that iam thinking of using,

http://www.thesteelsource.com/html/1074gt.htm

P.S thanks for the link Maiden that's a great web site I get alot of me idea's from the type's of shapes on that site like KIT RAE blade's MAN they make some deadly $hit B)

Iam realy hyped up about this idea I don't know why I did not think of it before Thank's guy's for helping me get this hole thing going this is going to be deadly :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Well I dont think I'll need em if this work's out :D

Thanks for the info It still may come in handy :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

deadhstock.jpg

and yah kit rae does make some wickid knives. check out gil hibben's knives if you want some more inspiration.

Dam it know you got me thinking! :D

Ok Ok I know this thing look's wierd at first and that glue line look's a bit weak but give it a chance you may end likeing to :D, I just did it up about 15min ago and it's still rough but this idea could be realy cool!! since the hole guitar is designed to look like a weapon.

by the way this was not my first idea B) this one just came to!!

but I dont know what do you guy's think

EDIT:> ya um after I posted this up looking at it I think it may be to much know ian thinking lose the axe wings and may be go for a straight spike I think that would flow beter with the IMPALER design :D but I will leave the pic up who know's someone elese might like it

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

i'm not really liking that design. the axe head looks like something just randomly thrown on, not like it's meant to be part of the headstock.

i'm not getting an axe vibe from this guitar anyways. this one looks like more of a crude (meant in the best way possible :D) weapon, and smooth flowing lines like those of an axe or sword don't really fit well IMO.

i'm not really liking that design. the axe head looks like something just randomly thrown on, not like it's meant to be part of the headstock.

i'm not getting an axe vibe from this guitar anyways. this one looks like more of a crude (meant in the best way possible ) weapon, and smooth flowing lines like those of an axe or sword don't really fit well IMO.

You are extremly right on this one!! I was just puting out some idea's and this one just would not work with the IMPALER, I think that my first idea or a spike of some kind, something that flow's with the designs "crude weapon" feal :D , ya know I think that "crude weapon" realy hit's the nail on the head on the IMPALER so I need a simple clean yet deadly looken headstock That may be a hard thind to do :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

axeheadstock.jpg

Here's my idea for a headstock, and imagine using a real battle axe for a headstock! The added mass of the steel would increase your sustain pretty well! B) Just watch you don't cut off your fretting hand while playing it, though! :D

deadhstockgoodone.jpg

know this one I like it's simple and it goes with the IMPALER design, now mine wount be just like this one since I already have a curve in the headstock but If I go with the lines on the headstock it will look like a claw or a blade! B)

.... im being watched....

HAHAHAHA yep iam watching B):D you gave me the idea in the first place, so how did your's come out got any pics??

Well guess what Iam not even finished this one and iam already thinking of the next IMPALER :D

so think 8-STRING neck

the body will have a figerd maple top with a purpleheart back with one EMG pickup at the bridge :D

I realy think that the IMPALER will become something one day so I realy want to push this design ahead and I want to become deadly at building the IMPALER so that I can make it a great guitar!!!!

!!METAL MATT!! B)

know this one I like it's simple and it goes with the IMPALER design, now mine wount be just like this one since I already have a curve in the headstock but If I go with the lines on the headstock it will look like a claw or a blade! :D

i think that'd be a good start, but the lines on the impaler aren't that clean. to me the impaler looks like an explorer that's been in a battle. that headstock needs to be roughed up a little bit. B)

mattdeathhead1.jpg

what about something like this one that Moreau made up for me?

!!METAL MATT!!

God dude, if you have an axe for a headstock, you're trying way too hard. What will be really cool is if you dye your whoe guitar black (a crappy dye job) have cool skulls, or HATE, SUICIDE, etc. inlays. Then you can finish it off with a bunch of anarchy symbols covering the guitar. Then all you need is a song about an ancient warrior, battle, event, and a 20 minute guitar solo. You'll make Spinal Tap look like child's play. It'l be wicked, and evil.

i like that one better. i'd still somehow break up those straight lines that you've got. to me just adding something to the top looks forced.

Ya but I dont have a lot to work with

God dude, if you have an axe for a headstock, you're trying way too hard. What will be really cool is if you dye your whoe guitar black (a crappy dye job) have cool skulls, or HATE, SUICIDE, etc. inlays. Then you can finish it off with a bunch of anarchy symbols covering the guitar. Then all you need is a song about an ancient warrior, battle, event, and a 20 minute guitar solo. You'll make Spinal Tap look like child's play. It'l be wicked, and evil.

YA YA YA I know the whole axe thing is long dead I killed it as I posted it B)

Iam not sure if I want to dye my purpleheart black :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!