ME-50 Or GT-6

feylya

Which should I get  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I own a GT-3 and have played around with the GT-6 that a friend of mine's owns. Solid unit, good for gigging and recording since it also has a digital output. Well worth the money--and I really do think it sounds better than Line 6 or Behringer. Stay away from DigiTech, though. They don't take the punishment of being a footpedal very well. Roland makes all of the Boss processors with metal chassis and quality sealed footswitches, so it'll last you a long time. Try to find either a GT-3, 5, or 6 used--the 6 has been out for about 3 years now, so it should be easy to find too.

i'm usually not much at all for multi-effects pedals, but one of my friends happens to have the GT-6 (actually, as his band's lead guitar, he uses that, while their rhythm player has the GT-3), and i must say, i was remotely impressed by it. the amount of stuff you can tweak in each effect is all that really makes it anything. you still have to know how and want to program each of those to sound decent ('cause 1 of 1000 factory programs might sound good IMO).

if you're shopping between the two, i can't get you any advise on the other, but being against multi's, the GT-6 is "okay."

i was seriouisly thinking about getting the Me 50, but after i played it i completely changed my mind, its distortions are just horrible everything sounds way to digital. i strongly recommend staying well clear of the me 50, i havent used the gt 6 so i cant comment on that.

but with the me 50 i was expecting it to sound at least a little bit like boss's invidual pedals but it doesnt.

Thats a no brained, should you get the little Jetta or the Phaeton. Let's see...

The GT6 is so much more complete, the ME 50 will get the job done, but the 6 is a better multi. And Godin, I will love to get a tube like you said, I got a GNX1, and it will never be a tube amp, but I can make a lot of sounds and emulate almost any tube amp (close but not the same), and for my taste, it's preety good. In the future I see a MTS Carvin or another good tube amp. For begginers and for intermidiate players, I advise the multis, because there you can experiment all you want until you find a sound that suits you, then you can get a tube amp that will be to your taste, nothing like buying a $1000 Tube Amp to not like the sound you get from it!

I guess I am too late, but have you considered using stompboxes? I got sucked in, and bought the Digitech RP10 when they first came out. It had some very impressive presets (as in 'Look what THIS can do!') but the whole thing seemed so unmusical to me- logarythms (sp) etc. I went back to pedals- I REALLY do preffer the sound of inexpenive time based effects (Danelectro, Dods, Dunlop etc) over the processor sounds (I mean, the Chorus on the RP10 sounded like 2 guitars playing just slightly out of time and slightly out of tune [as is the chorus effect], but my chorus pedal *sounds* like a chorus pedal.

That said, I was even more disapointed with the crunch sounds on the board. My main overdrive is a Hotcake, but I have made may other 'boutique' pedals as well (fuzz/overdrive/distortion type pedals).

I am MUCH happier with this set up.

Hope this is some food for thought,

Luke