My Finish Dilema...

How do you think I got so much experience at this stuff, because everything went GOOD every time, just like clockwork, because I followed advice?

Hell Noooooo!

I got this much experience at finishing from going back and FIXING all my SCREWUPS, which easily number in the dozens, if not hundreds by now.

Lifetime member of Hardheads Anonymous here.

:DB):D

You know, after thinking and re-reading, were was the open flame mentioned on my post? The only thing I said was that the fans I'm using are brushless explosion proof fans, which are the ones used on paint booth!

Setch, D, Drak, no where I mentioned that I was spraying near an open flame, or heat source? Did I missed anything, I think the stamp was not called for, unless you missread the post!

"1000W craftsman double lamp"

"I also have on the stove"

"I plan on getting a hot plate for inside the shed if I make more guitars durinf=g the winter"

"I got 1 lamp pointing to the guitar, and the other close to the pot so the cansa don't get cold."

Those are the things that I saw that make you go boom. :D

Never mentioned an open flame myself. B)

And it doesn't take an open flame to cause an explosion.

Those are the things that I saw that make you go boom. :D

"1000W craftsman double lamp"

"I also have on the stove"

This is what I do now! I got the lamp in the shed, halogen lamp heat is not going to ignite the vapors that I'm spraying about 6" away, especialy if the overspray is being pulled down and out of the shed by a fan!

And the lamp is poiting at the potnot the cans! I ain't that *, and the hot plate isn't a gas one is electric, once again away from the painting area in order to keed the water warm so the thing don't splatter.

And it doesn't take an open flame to cause an explosion.

Don't tell me you are one of the few that still believe that a cellphone can ignite vapors!!! You know that the gas station owners had to come with somenthing for not having the proper grounding equipment on the pumps.

I do think that if the electric burner was sprayed with fumes directly could burst, but at a distance? No way,

And I'm part of the "Cabeza Dura Club" myself, is the spanish speaking affiliate club from your hardheaded club.

ha ha I would love to do that.... to bad I am still here in cold crap.

Madien 69: Don't tell me you are one of the few that still believe that a cellphone can ignite vapors!!! You know that the gas station owners had to come with somenthing for not having the proper grounding equipment on the pumps.

Here is the truth on this one it was not the cell phone, it was the getting in and out of a car that builds up static electricity... and you touch and boom

Drak: And it doesn't take an open flame to cause an explosion. oh so true oh so true....

I was at a gas station once and this kid was sitting in the front seat smoking. He proceeds to get out of the car and talk to his buddy that was filling up. Well I looked at they guy and said could you please put out that smoke? He was about 3 feet from the gas tank, you could see the fumes. Then out of no where the car explodes and oh my gosh.... this kid really did this and no the car did not explode but thats what was going on in my head...

no seriously, nitro is really flameable take our advice or go read up on underwriters labatories, they test all sorts of products and thier flamability...

Drak.... :D K! Enough about my inventions or dissasters however all my call them.

Here is the truth on this one it was not the cell phone, it was the getting in and out of a car that builds up static electricity... and you touch and boom

bigd, that's what I meant, if the pump is propertly grounded, when you grab the handle, the static electricity thats you build up inside the car rubbing your butt in the seat and then going out is discharged. When it is not discharged when you touch the nozzle into your car, it can discharge right there igniting the fumes coming out of the car tank. I learned this here in the states, I'm from PR and overthereyou don't build static like here in the colder weathers.

And I wish I was back home. Always 80 degrees or higher, nice humidity, .. well sometimes it creeps up a bit, but almost nice all the time. you can paint in mid december at night and the temp will be at about 77-85 in the coast and you can go to about 65 up in the mountains.

Somehow I doubt it. Unless your spraying with right next to an an open flame I doubt much would happen. Also as long as you have some way of extracting some of the fumes I wouldn't worry much (maybe its just me).

Ummmm, Ok, but I will continue to worry about doing this as I think the rest of you should.