Hey all.

Well, it's been 24 hrs. without power.

61F in the house.

I've found out our fireplace is pretty much just decorative.

I can hear the guitars screaming even when I sleep.

I'm running the laptop and the cable modem via a power inverter mounted in my truck. It looks kinda funny with big orange extension cords running thru the house, but.....it works. :D

I took some pics about 4AM of Rachel and I trying to save the juniper trees that line our driveway and patio, and then again at about 2PM of some of the rest of the neighborhood, including one of my neighbor, Chris, looking very philosophical. LOL It's been a pretty amazing holiday (I saw BLUE lightning this morning...wow), and it's only gonna get better- the high temp tomorrow is projected to be 10F!

Here are the pics:

http://www.tremol-no.com/images/icestorm/

According to the power company website, we should have electricity sometime on Sunday. Good thing the truck's got a full tank of gas.

B)

I know how you guys love irony, so here's a healthy dose:

I've called the city about a dozen times about street lights being burnt out on the two streets that our house is on. They've replaced them, but they seem to burnout every 2 mos. or so. (There's an obvious power issue here, but that's another rant).

As I look out the front door right now, I see that the street light is on.

:D

Absolutely georgeous pictures, love the birds and the deer, great photography.