Jump to content

Query About Burst


Recommended Posts


I'm at the point in building where I need to figure out my finish. I've got a beautifully grained ash body, and I want to do a traditional 2-tone brown sunburst lacquer.

My question is: Can I use spray cans and regular stain to do this finish? Is spray lacquer compatible with a furniture\wood stain(eg. Minwax) Can any reccomend what to look for in a product, or a particular brand?

Can I do this and have it look semi-professional?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that they can do UPS Ground, but I'm not sure.

But depending on the type of burst you want you can do with dyes, or candy paints like HOK or water based airbrush paint.

I don't know if they will be compatible with the Minwax stuff, I think that you should stay clear from oil based stains if you plan on clearing, or you will have too wait a lot of time for that stuff to completely cure before adding the clear, you can have adehesion problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...