New Guitar Review From Me

westhemann

Can that Carvin handle heavier style music? Metal in particular. I was wondering if those pickups are mini-HB's or just SC's?

no..it's not good for metal.

just single coils.for metal i would have bought another model

you can get their single-buckers(cant think of a better word) in it. and im sure that they can do metal fine with those in it!

Can that Carvin handle heavier style music? Metal in particular. I was wondering if those pickups are mini-HB's or just SC's?

no..it's not good for metal.

just single coils.for metal i would have bought another model

you can get their single-buckers(cant think of a better word) in it. and im sure that they can do metal fine with those in it!

they do have those bolt models that come with a humbucker at the bridge.they are of course good for everything including metal.

but in my opinion playing metal with a pickgaurd is like playing blues with a neck thru beast with dual 85s...you can do it...but it would be finer the other way around.

BUT keep in mind i said this particular carvin was perfect in craftsmanship...and was well suited for blues and country

that is my opinion.i am sure you could put in some minibuckers and tear the house down...after all...it IS alder and maple.that combo is good for anything.

but buy a guitar for what you want to play...that's my opinion.

i bet that california carved top rips for metal....as well as the dc and the contour 66

but i have not played those

also - have you considered setting up a gear review site? I know it wouldn't be the first but since you're into it, maybe it would be worth looking into getting paid? I'm suggesting this without knowing the slightest what would be involved.

nobody would send me free stuff to review...i can find a flaw without even trying.

manufacturers want guys who will say "this guitar is amazing...the gap in the neck pocket allows air to travel more freely around the heel...creating a "cooler" tone"

nobody wants to send a guitar to a guy who is more likely to say "this thing looks like the finish was pissed on,and i can see more attention to detail watching my dog lick it's butt"

they want liars...not a guy who will completely dissassemble the guitar and look for bad solder joints,poor routing,and gaps around the inlays

i even take off the truss rod cover and shine a light down in there to see if i can see any sloppiness.on my fernandez i found a rout that looked like it was done by a Kiss Army Kaptan

but you can bet when i love a guitar this much...they must be doing something right...trust me,i will buy more