Audition

JSON

I say "Just be yourself."

When I go for a job interview, I always wear nice blue jeans.

I don't always get the job, but when I do walk into the right company (that is more interested in me and my skills than some antiquated dress-code) I walk out with a sweet deal. So you see, the blue jeans work like a filtering device that keeps me from being hired by pretentious pricks.

Adopt the same approach to your audition. If you go up there and do what you like to do, and they say "No way!" then you may have kept yourself out of a band that probably wouldn't be right for you. Okay, so you don't get the gig... but it's better to wait for the right gig than to stay pissed off because you keep getting the wrong gigs.

Of course, all of that should be taken in the proper dose. You have to learn to bend and change if you're going to succeed... so don't get too bizarre during your audition. There is a nice comfortable middle ground between trying to be what they want and trying to be what you want.

Of course, as somebody point out, you need to know what they want. Otherwise, you're just guessing when you walk in there. Make sure you know their style, so that you know if you'll even fit in. For all you know, they could be playing heavy-metal polka... LIKE THIS SONG.

D~s

Is it original or a cover situation?

In my band we do all originals except for and ocasional cover. So what we're looking for is someone to fit the emptiness. Usually a drummer.

The emptiness is not only music but a part of the machine that is Excessive Compulsive. Personality, musical style, etc...

We're a laid back bunch doing this for fun, so we dont need some prick who can't have a good time and cant pay attention or be on time.

Making it through the first night is mostly dependant on attitude and showing some potential to make it work. I don't expect someone to know all our material right away but they should be clicking somewhat and trying to play to the song and not show off.

Thank you all for the tips!

Dugz Ink> i know what they play, and i like what they play and can guarantee (spelling?) you that It's nothing like that song :D

syxxstring> They play covers, most of them are 60-80's Rock/Hardrock..

I think the audition will be in a week or two, I promise I'll tell you how It went.

Thanks alot!

Daniel

That's cool! And I hope it

A) works out for you guys,

:D leads you to bigger and better things,

C) showers you with money and babes, or

D) all the above.

D~s

Thanks!

The replies:

A)It really works out great!

B)They have planned to start make their own songs.

C)At previous gigs they have earned up to 5000 swedish crowns, In dollars that would be like 500-600 or so.

I already have a girl friend B)