Musicman/olp Copy

Well while in Vegas, I bought an Olp sunburst from Ed Roman. Easy to play, I was thinking of replacing the P/U's and the bridge when I decided I should just make my own model because I want a little different of a finish and just for a little training. So I had some maple lying around and a B/M maple set from durawoods on ebay (love these guys). Heres how things look so far

2e2.jpg

5bb.jpg

02b.jpg

520.jpg

Well tommorow I'll glue the top and hopefully by thursday I can start cutting.

Well while in Vegas, I bought an Olp sunburst from Ed Roman.

Where's the little emoticon for VOMITING!! You dirty traitor!!

:D

Seriously, how was your experience with Mr. Roman's shop? Always been curious about that place. How much did you pay for the axe, too?

I love that last pic great looking maple there could you send me a link to where you bought it from on ebay?

and how was ED, did you drop the guitar and run as we had planed :D HAHAHA

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

haha i had a little paragraph about how the place was here

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...pic=13323&st=15

Heh no I didnt matt, i did key a geetar :D . shh dont tell. hahaha but yeah. I paid around 200. Well I decided Im going to try to do a tigerburst on this guitar. See you guys later

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to be my main post where I show all of my projects. Mods, if you could, could you change this topics name to "My guitar projects"

Well this is gonna be a huge post. I just got back and I had about 3 pakages waiting for me. On ebay, I bought one of those router combos. A router table, a router and a 15 piece router set.

bc1.jpg

b2e.jpg

47e.jpg

Pretty good value, it was like 130. Dont suggest the router for anything cept the router table. Pretty powerful stuff. 2200watts Just hope it lasts long. Well enough rambling about tools, heres the "Progress" part of this post.

Well if you guys remember that whole thing with fluke, he needed some help with that circuit board, well we talked and im helping him with the whole guitar. Heres the Gibson RD body

7c7.jpg

I just finished the Les Paul bottom with the router table, works like a dream even though it tore out in one place. I can just sand that out, its nothing. Also, you can see that part where I wanted to route out the control area but my drill press is really stupid. Even on highest speed, it stops with any type of pressure. Also, im getting electric shocks from my drill press so thats trash because i dont have my reciept. :D

c07.jpg

I accidentally "lost" my belt to my Ridgid belt sander so i couldnt do much with the OLP body because I dont have a template.

e31.jpg

Well hopefully tommorow I can replace that missing belt and maybe go to Lowes to see if they can replace my drill press. See you guys later.

Well I routed the stuff out, i would show progress on some guitar I was routing for with my friends guitar. Well I routed the wire channels and stuff. I need my hand drill to charge so i can Connect the channel to the knob control section. So that'll be done tommorow and hopefully my top will be glued by tommorow and I will round the bottom with a 3/8" bit.

115.jpg

34e.jpg

Thanks for anyone watching :D