Fretco Guitar Shop

neocon58

Hi.

I'm interested in building a guitar from a kit, and I've heard fretco in Adelaide, Australia have some good kits. They sell necks, hardware and electronics.

Anybody from Adelaide, Australia had any experience with Fretco (bought any guitars from them, bought kits from them?)? If so, were they good/bad?

Or, If your from Adelaide and know any good shops for custom guitars and parts (necks, bodies etc) please post!

Thankz!

• 1 year later...

Yeah...we do have a "short bus"...but it would never make it across the desert between Adelaide and Perth. Australia is a strange place, don't underestimate the mind set. Perth is very isolated, in reality and in the mindset of anyone in Australia, includeing those who live there. There is an awlful lot of nothing between the glittering cities around the coast. So when people think of "getting guitar parts from perth" it's like suggesting flying over to the States to pick it up for yourself.

Truth is the Internet has made it easy to get stuff from most places, but trying to get things direct from the otherside of the planet is still got a lot of problems (especially when you got duties and custom expenses, exchange rates and shipping to contend with) so what ormbsby.com offers is a real option, but in terms of distance it seems so far away to the majority of the population (over here on the east coast Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne where most of us live) and without this medium, Perry wouldn't stand a chance.

Anyway, short bus, hell of a long way....i don't feel like driving it... pete