New Green Day Album

Is American Idiot a good album?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I could say some realy mean edit about it but I woun't! I will BEHAVE myself and I will say that it's at least well recorded :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

I will BEHAVE myself and I will say that it's at least well recorded 

No wonder. I know the assistant engineer involved in recording not that album but one of the albums before. Guess what? According to him the drum tracks they laid down were so bad and untight that a team of two engineers had to edit the timing of most notes and took nearly two weeks to bring the drum tracks to acceptable form. If this is correct it is unacceptable to me and especially as dead simple as green day drums are this is simply ridiculous. I admit I would not like Green Day even if they cold play their stuff. BUT they definately are good songwriters and wrote some great songs. Not my taste though. But I simply do not respect musicians that decieve their fans that way and are no able to play even the most simple stuff.

Ive only heard the singles so far so i can only comment on them

American Idiot was promising and was a good solid 4 bar power chord riff type affair which greenday do pretty well imho

boulevard of broken dreams and the latest single (i think its holiday) just make it seem like they're past it and trying to do something different to make up for it. they're not terrible songs they're just a bit...well..."meh" really

that drum thing is sad. even my drummer (been playing about 9 months lol) can do drum tracks at a steady beat. jeez looeeze! the old greenday is MUCH better like algee said. I kind of like boulevard of broken dreams and american idiot, I didn't know holiday was out as a single, but I don't like it. None of the songs on the album are "great."

i haven't heard the album, but american idiot is a terrible song, because REALITY CHECK he is an idiot and he's american. I liked Green Day back then when bands looked up to them, now it seems that they're looking up to other bands like good charlotte and all those other "punk" bands. They need to lay off the makeup, and the same old boreing chord progressions that was done so many years ago.

Boulevard is a good song, however theres a few things id take out, one being the "AHHHH AH, AHHHH AH", similar to U2s Vertigo with their "WoooAoo! WoooAoo! WoooAoo! WoooAoo!". Also the bridge or interlude or w.e, sounds just off.

In American idiot it sounds like he's IMO hinting that he doesn't like the media in America, well he is part of the media, so good job there. He's prolly reffering to other media like the news and all, but still, mainstream music is just as big. Reminds me of Korn when they released that stupid song where in the video they talked how theres so many unsigned bands and it wasn't fair, and how much money record labels made. Yea, nice job korn, and how much do you make? If you don't like the media, then don't be a part of it. Green Day needs to start doing something new in their music because it's just like a television show and the more you watch the same episode the more you dislike it. Just my two cents haha.

-Jamie

Edited by sepultura999

This album should be called "GreenDay Are Idiots"

ya? B) You must have been up all night thinking of that one

Iam just buging ya :D:D

Iam realy I mean realy SICK of this "Iam sooooo sad my woman left me and I hate haveing so much money and being watched all the time by my fans and the media and haveing my face on all the mags" POP PUNK crap and It sucks to see what punk music has become!!

Iam sorry I guess I just can't BEHAVE myself :D

!!METAL MATT!!

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

i wish johnny rotten would make a statement to a paper and cut up all these pop punkers, the ol' rotten way. That would be so funny, especially if you read it the way he talks. "i mean, you're a bunch of wankers" haha.

-Jamie

i wish johnny rotten would make a statement to a paper and cut up all these pop punkers, the ol' rotten way. That would be so funny, especially if you read it the way he talks. "i mean, you're a bunch of wankers" haha.

HAHAHA :D that would be deadly man I would pay to see that anyday!!

I also think that these POP PUNK kids need to move out of there mom's basement

and speend some time in the real world and see what REAL PUNK is all about!!

ANARCHY

!!METAL MATT!! B)

i really love it though how they go around spending 20 dollars on anarchy shirts. i was downtown once and this kid was buying one and a RATM Guvera shirt and i asked "hey do you know who Guevara is?" and he's like "yeah hes a guy who fought against americans" and i said "uhhh, read a book about him next time so you know." then i asked if he was an anarchist and he said yes and i said "oh okay, i just find it funny since your tax money goes to the government to pay for our health care and all and the fact that you like guevara and like anarchy which is kind of a contradiction there" and then i walked away, and from what my friend told me the guy was really pissed and wanted to tear my head off and saying stuff like "that #%# ## #$#"

*note* only do this when the person you are telling off is not bigger than you or has alcohol on their breath :D ...oh man, that was such a good time. haha.

-Jamie B)

HAHAHAHA :D I dont know man some smaler guys can kick some ass when it comes down to it :D drunk or not and even the $hity fighters have the whole kick ya in the nuts and run thing down B) HAHAHA

!!METAL MATT!! :D

haha true. i'm 17 and 5'7 so i have to choose very carefully. but it's all good when you're carrying a coffin case with an electric guitar in it.

*blocks the guys foot with coffin case* OH YOU TRY TO LOW BLOW ME?!

*swings coffin case at the guy*

*action hero cool witt* this coffin ain't big enough for YOU.

!!EXTRA!! !!EXTRA!! coffin case man saves the day with his dry cool wit and and GOD like powers, riding the world of EVIL low blows with his handey coffin case

coffin case man we thank you

HAHAHAHA :lol:I just had to man

haha. i think that would be a good comic book character. he can be called Tell You Off man or something, haha. it's because of maddox. i dunno if you've read his stuff matt but man he cuts up ANYONE and i kinda used the u2 thing from his article lol. go check him out if you haven't heard of him.

Maddox

Dude, I hate that when people wear shirts of people they know nothing about. It's like everyone in my school wears a Hendrix shirt. When I ask them to name one song Hendrix did not inclding National Anthem and Purple Haze, they are all like "Duh, Stairway To Heaven, everyone knows that" and I laugh my ass off.

I hate Greenday, i never liked anything by them, I only learned Time f your Life to get chicks, and guess what, still didnt work!!

my brother was singin boulevard of broken dreams last night while i was on msn, i got up and punched him in the face, I just DESPISE that pop punk crap

Curtis

hahaha metal matt, i like what you said about that whole "my girl left me"

its all like that, they all just talk about how they're like 4th grade "love' left them...gimme a break, getting a valentine means nothing

HAHAHA Thanks I try :D I did stay up all night thinking of that one :D

my brother was singin boulevard of broken dreams last night while i was on msn, i got up and punched him in the face, I just DESPISE that pop punk crap

I guess he wount do that again, man nothing like the love for a brother B)

haha. i think that would be a good comic book character. he can be called Tell You Off man or something, haha. it's because of maddox. i dunno if you've read his stuff matt but man he cuts up ANYONE and i kinda used the u2 thing from his article lol. go check him out if you haven't heard of him.

Maddox

I love that man's views on U2 HAHAHA :D Dam that's good

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

thats emo for you same with a lot of nu-metal. I like the thick sound of nu-metal but i hate the barred 3 strings like linkin park for example.

"I'VE BECOME SO NUMB I CAN'T FEEL YOU THERE"

they sound like 4 year olds who are writing about their mom because their mom didn't buy them that action figure at wal-mart lol. if you read their lyrics they're so plain. at least green day uses what's called a "metaphor" and "similie" lol.

Speaking of emo, what the hell? emotional? isnt all music emotional? i mean when elvis sang blue sued shooes, you're telling me he wasnt pissed off? haha

Emo is the evolution of Alternative mixing with Pop. In my opinion, it started with Bush, was accelerated by Adore-era Smashing Pumpkins, case-hardened with Filter, and finally recognized by the likes of Good Charlotte and Switchfoot. Linkin Park is what I'd call extreme-Emo, mixed with elements of hip-hop. Note, however, LP has only released two full-length studio albums in five years. Everything else is either remixed or live footage. At least 3 Doors Down, the only Emo band I can stand because they're a little bit southern rock, has release three LPs in five years.

The most annoying Emo song on the radio right now is Dare You to Run. I swear I've almost set off the airbag in my car when I smash my fists into the wheel everytime I hear the intro to that song come on the supposed "cutting edge" rock station here in the city.

3 doors down to me sounds good though, they have other elements and not this whole 90s combined and sounding all garbage. I thought smashing pumpkins came before Bush. I also read something somewhere that emo started in the 80s.

LP just sucks. the rapper is terrible. Zack De La Rocha in my opinion is the only one so far in the limelight to successfully combine rap and rock, though Run DMC did an okay version with Aerosmith. I wish ZDLR would just release his rap album but I think he wants to hang low (i hope RATM gets back together!) Linkin Park with Jay-Z won't even be able to touch ZDLR in my opinion. I only give credit to the main singer of linkin park.

Speaking of the album releasing thing though; Anyone notice how a lot of mainstream bands are releasing a studio album, then a live album, or a studio album, and then a remix of that with live songs on it? Linkin park being one and Evanescence for another. IMO its just them trying to stay on as long as they can. I like some of Amy Lee's stuff but I think Tarja from nightwish is a better singer, more talented, more interesting to listen to (also hotter too imo haha). I'd like emo if they added more creativity to their writing and music. I guess that's what later Anathema is. They were originally doom metal until the singer left and Vinncent took over. They do an amazing job with acoustics and pianos with hard rock. I've been told they sound a lot like radiohead. anyways this thread has been hijacked totally haha.

Crafty you better think of something to tell the cops when you crash, "yeah well office i smashed my fists on the wheel and the airbags came up and i crashed."

"why did you do that?"

"well its that damn song! you know that song called Dare You To Run?"

*cop pulls out his batton* "ENOUGH WITH THAT SONG!!!

-Jamie