What Do You Think?

rockthe40

i got my set of noiseless tele pickups in the mail, however the bridge PUP wouldnt work so my new set is on the way. a few days ago i decided i would throw a p90 in the mix and put it in a "middle" position on my tele. since theres basically no room for anything else in my control cavity, i think im going to wire it to a killswitch routed under the pickguard near the tip of the lower horn... along with a strawberry ice mod and a killswitch for the normal circuitry. and just have the p90 to toss in whenever i want, or solo it for that matter. what do you guys think about that PUP configuaration? its a mighty mite p90.. nothing fancy but i like it pretty good

could someone help me with the killswitch wiring btw? i think ive got it but i wanna make sure i do it right. thanks

generic topic titles SUCK...to put it in a language you guys can understand...since i guess most of you don't understand it when i say "be more specific in your topic title."

nothing sucks worse than having to read a topic i have no interest in just to find out what it is about so that i can correctly edit the topic title

i got my set of noiseless tele pickups in the mail, however the bridge PUP wouldnt work so my new set is on the way.  a few days ago i decided i would throw a p90 in the mix and put it in a "middle" position on my tele.  since theres basically no room for anything else in my control cavity, i think im going to wire it to a killswitch routed under the pickguard near the tip of the lower horn... along with a strawberry ice mod and a killswitch for the normal circuitry.  and just have the p90 to toss in whenever i want, or solo it for that matter.  what do you guys think about that PUP configuaration?  its a mighty mite p90.. nothing fancy but i like it pretty good

could someone help me with the killswitch wiring btw?  i think ive got it but i wanna make sure i do it right.  thanks

Personally, if I was going the P90 route, I'd use it at the neck and leave the wood intact in the middle. You know, "less taste, better calories" or whatever. I don't even know what that means. Never mind.

Anyway, if you like it, do it. There are no rules here. Except that one about the mashed potatoes.

mark, lol, see i want to keep my tele sound intact, but i love the p90 sound so much i just want to stick it in there. this is pretty much my project guitar (even though it is my main one) to have fun with and advertise my work

to anyone that doesnt know what im doing, ive got a tele (obviously) and a reverse phase switch in between the volume and tone pots w/ new electronic components, but im going to install a ,mighty mite p90 PUP and a set of fender noiseless tele PUPs.. and the strawberry ice mod as well

2 more quick questions

i want to make a killswitch for the normal circuitry (the neck and bridge PUPs) so should i take the hot lead off of the switch (thats currently connecting to the volume pot) and take it to the spdt, then put a wire off that same spdt lead back to the volume pot?

for the p90 KS, should i just wire the PUP wire to the spdt then that lead to the volume pot?

hope all this makes sense. thanks again guys

edit: this is the schem im using Blue Guitar 4Way

Edited by rockthe40