Progress Pics...

Wow man, that looks great! What color do you plan to do the sides and back? Theyre mahogany right? The only thing I think you could do to make it better would be to fill that little gap between the end of the fretboard and the neck pup, other than that I think its awesome!

P.S.- how did you go about making the pick guard?

Really nice work Carl! Love the headstock and truss-rod cover too.

I don't know if it's the colour or what but it reminds me of Brian Mays guitar for some reason.

Can't wait to see the finished guitar!

Sick lookin guitar man!

Brian mays sig and yours do look alot alike in shape and color... i always hated the feel of his guitar though, but yours looks sweet!!

Edited by Parker_Fly

Hey thanks, guys. 'Preciate it.

RGGR, we're cool bro. No prob.

Jay5- Yep, all mo-hawg. Back/sides/neck will be natural. Mebbe a slight amber tinge after I seal w/shellac. Got some CA staining/runout on the headstock that I couldn't sand out w/o going thru the outer layer of binding (I was NOT gonna re-do that). Since the CA won't take stain, I figgered to hell w/it & pore-filled w/CA. I think it'll be a nice contrast. As far as the p/g, I used a LP Jr. p/g drawing & modified it to taste. Cut a template outta 1/2" ply, chucked up a bevelling bit in the router & voila.

Couple other folks have mentioned the Red Special thing. Furthest thing from my mind, actually. Cool coincidence, tho. I think it's the color/cosmetics more than anything.

I'm sure most of you know this, but multi-ply binding is a PITA! Now I understand the heinous upcharge for it as a custom option. Worth it, in the end, but mega frustrating while in process.

Color/cosmetics were just coincidence, really. I initially was going to go w/o a pickguard, but had to, in the end, due to a minor goof/mis-measurement in the neck p/u route area. Shape is the bass side of my TCM Royal & the treble side of my TCM FLE. Neck joint area massaged a bit, tho.

Xlr8, got the binding from Stew Mac & LMI. But, new MSDSs musta come out lately, 'cos Stew Mac won't ship it overseas/via air anymore. LMI would, as of a month ago, but haven't checked lately. I think the LMI stuff is less expensive, but is also cheaper/poorer quality. AND, the thinner multiply is only available b/w, not ivoroid/black, to match the outter iv/blk/iv binding. Anywho, the binding was 2 'courses'- an inner course of .04" iv/blk (.02/.02) & the outter course is .09" iv/blk/iv (.02/.02/.05).

Dunno if I mentioned it, but the neck is BIG- 1 11/16" to 2 1/4" taper & 1.05" thick at the 1st fret, tapering up to 1.15" at the 12th fret. I like baseball bat necks, what can I say?

Color/cosmetics were just coincidence, really. I initially was going to go w/o a pickguard, but had to, in the end,  due to a minor goof/mis-measurement in the neck p/u route area. S

I'll always vote for pickguards...I think guitars are naked without them. And yours has a great shape to it, nice!

Only thing though, the three ply on the pickguard is a bit much (since the binding on the rest of the guitar is three-ply too) , I'd go with a single-ply non-beveled black.

If you have XP, you can download the resizer powertoy, lets you resize your photos with a right-click. Much easier! (I can email it to you if you can't find it--it's only 500k or so)