Ive created this website http://Www.musicianheadquarters.tk (It will have a .com and alot cooler look including flash, if all works out) and I plan to link to the projectguitar forums. I also would like to know If I could redesign the project guitar homepage? I think project guitar needs a new look. Everybody let me know what you think!!!

Answer Yes or no, then tell me why.

Edited by StudentGuitarBuilder

It doesnt have to look like the page I created. I have tons of other designs. I just want to know what the project guitar admins, and community think of this idea(Creating a new webpage for guitar project).

For those who is familiar with typographical rules, bright text on a dark background as on the main site is not encouraged. Although studentguitarbuilder's design is a bit too simple, I have to say the main site could be improved.

$0.02

I agree. Dark text on a light background has been found to be the easiest to read.

As for StudentGuitarBuilder's site he posted, I just don't like it. Really not a good site to showcase your HTML skills tbh.

However, I reckon the PG page could do with an overhaul. I'm sure between a few of us here, we could make a great one. Leave out the Flash stuff though :D

Looks good so far. Although I would change the backround to a darker color as was already said. And if you are talking about the projectguitar homepage and not the forum then it could definately be redesigned.

@feyla: I hate it if people only post "this sucks" and offer nothing constructive. He has a good intention and already worked for it. At least give some arguments or help him to improve it. If your only intention is to whine then don't post.

GuitarMaestro, I understand where you're coming from but also check the wording on my posts. I never said that it sucked. I said I didn't like it. I was merely expressing my own opinion. He asked for opinions and I gave mine. I will admit I could have said move this here and there but I find it hard to redesign a site. I prefer creating from scratch.

It doesnt have to look like the page I created. I have tons of other designs.

Im not to fond of the white website either. Like I said I have tons of other designs. I also think the picture tuts on the homepage could be a little faster.

Edited by StudentGuitarBuilder
GuitarMaestro, I understand where you're coming from but also check the wording on my posts. I never said that it sucked. I said I didn't like it. I was merely expressing my own opinion. He asked for opinions and I gave mine. I will admit I could have said move this here and there but I find it hard to redesign a site. I prefer creating from scratch.

True....I just thought that it was a little harsh for someone presenting his newest creation....but I know what you mean.

True....I just thought that it was a little harsh for someone presenting his newest creation....but I know what you mean.

In fairness, all I said was that I didn't like it. Some times people don't like when you come along and start going "well put that thing over there, change the background to pink, have some more flowers over there". :D

Dark text on a white background is a good rule for print-based design where you're dealing with light reflecting off a surface.

But when designing for media that use light emitting from the source, the rules are different, and a lot of people don't recognize this. How many TV shows or films do you see that have their credits rolling up the screen in black text on a white background? Web design is no different, really. A bright white background tends to "glow" which can infringe on the letterforms, making legibility and readability suffer. The contrast is too great.

I would suggest that people who think black-on-white is more readable in on-screen are just psychologically more comfortable with it because they are more comfortable reading ink on paper. But from an optical standpoint, it isn't always the best choice for a transmitted-light application.