Best Tube Amp For $400?

Daniel Sorbera

basicly the only one that looks good is a blues junior. The music I will play couls be described as classic rock. I want a nice full overdrive sound. It doesent have to have tons of gain just a really good tone that I can solo or chord with. 2 channels is not necessary. Also Whats your opinions on the fender blues junior?

go on ebay buy a bogen amp that is 17 or 25 watts.... they are the $#i!

I have gone through about 15 of them and they are great all point to point wiring easy to figure out.

That is if you like to tinker with electronics.... scary lethal voltage so watch out if you go at it.

something like this looks pretty good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5752676152&rd=1

You might like these amps>>>>http://www.silvatone.bravepages.com/

But you have to build it. If your very careful and double check things you can do it without getting shocked. I like the 18 watt the best, but they all sound great! Its also under $400.00

If you can build a guitar>You sure as hell can build an amp! :D

~SGB

I just found a peavey classic 20 for $300. It is original owener It was bought in 1992, it looks to be in perfect condition and he says that it is in perfect condition and palys/sounds fine and there is no scuffs of scratchs. The tweed looks to be in PERFECT condition as does everything else on it.

What do yall think? Does it sound like a deal?

Edited by Godin SD

I just found a peavey classic 20 for $300.

That's not a great deal, but if it's in dead mint condition, and has relatively new tubes, it might be worth it - Classic 30s are averaging around $300USD for VG+ examples around here, so he's not doing you a favor by any means. Since a 12 year old amp may well need to be recapped as well as retubed, I'd prefer to pay less than $250, unless it's already had all that done. You might want to get an amp tech to take a look at it before you plunk down your cash - no sense in paying too much twice for the same amp.

Hey, Drak, where are you getting Rivera Fenders for under $400? I haven't seen even the Super champ go for less than $450. You got an "in" somewhere or something? :D

i have a blues jr.very nice little bluesy amp...

considering selling it now though,since drak hooked me up right with a GREAT blues amp

really? how much were you looking to get? and what condition is it in and how old and all the other juicy info :D

Edited by Godin SD

I have a Marshall JTM-60 that I love. I got mine for around $350 used. It has actually a really good clean channel and a great boost channel - it doesn't do metal sounds or anything, but it sounds great for classic rock, blues, etc. It also has a master volume knob (which some people hate) which allows you to control how much of the volume is coming from the preamp tubes vs. the power amp tubes, which lets you get all kinds of different tones. When I bought it I looked at the blues jr. and the pro jr. and the hot rod, and I liked the Marshall a lot more than any of them - its clean tone is almost as good and its boost tone is so much better it's scary.