I Got Some New Maple!

guitardesign1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...tardesign34.jpg

Ok I just got this stuff a while ago from xebryusguitars

Iam thinking about starting a new design I came up with this but the pic realy sucks so the lines are hard to make out :D so I will do up a full size drawing later

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...uitardesign.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...itardesign2.jpg

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh, is ok

Ya I know but my goal with this new design is to use as much as the maple as possible and still have a deadly rip "en" roar death metal guitar!! iam not realy use to doing a more rounded design most of my designs could stab and kill every thing in sight :D

What do you guys think about a king-V kinda design for this maple?

the back end just needs work. i'm not feeling the point.

That's my favorite part man :D Iam going for a shield kinda look and Iam going to name the guitar the Sentinel after the midevil Night Sentinel

I love my points man it's gota be pointy :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

wowzer! i really like the shield look! i think when you look at a shape you can see right away what works and what doesnt, right in the first few seconds and that shape really works for me. that claw headstock design might work with that body also.

but you what might make it cooler? making the horns symetrical!

i should use that phrase as my signiture.... :D

wowzer! i really like the shield look!

Thank you Iam kinda likeing the thing it's like my wild idea of a B.C Rich virgin

or something :D

wow.. good maple.. ^^

your guitar design is allway various, fresh.. uniqe.. your like music type..

i wonder how many time you planning your guitar design..

i think you allway think.. new design..

i envy.. your self designed guitar.. i want get my self design gutiar .. like you..

good luck..

Well for people that want a better shot of this wood, heres some better pics

Thank you man :D your pic's realy show off the wood way better!!

And Iam working on the biger pic of the design it will be up in a while :D

wow.. good maple.. ^^

your guitar design is allway various, fresh.. uniqe.. your like music type..

i wonder how many time you planning your guitar design..

i think you allway think.. new design..

i envy.. your self designed guitar.. i want get my self design gutiar .. like you..

good luck..

WOW thank's hyunsu That means alot man, I realy envey the qualty and quantity of your work and if there's anyone on this forum that could come up with a deadly cool design it's you man :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

roughidea.jpg

Ok hear a rough idea of what Iam geting at as you can see it's still realy rough

And one more thing I should explane is that for some reason when I get a new design in my head I see the frount of the guitar but when I go to draw it I can only draw it backwards B) Iam not sure why the image flips around from my brain to my hand it just does so when you looking at it I guess your looking at what should be the back of the guitar :D Ohwell

ooo thats actually really cool, i was thinking though, it seems a little big, almost like a bass. Think about stretching out that bottom a bit?

Do you mean length wize or width wize?

OHH ok I see what you mean I dont know man I kinda like it but I will take a look and try some stuff :D And man I love this maple it's the best I've had to work with ever :D !! and by the way I sent that body out to ya!

And on a anouther note I will be useing the maple that was for the new IMPALER

on the back of this new design sine I just dont have enough wood for the impaler body and since I went a bit nuts with makeing sure that I had enough wood to work with for the neck iam working on, but iam still building the IMPALER but with new maple!! :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

There are only 2 things I see "wrong", one is the mistake that I made on mine too, the lower horn tip whould be parallel to the neck, not curved to the inside, I like the way mine looks, but I get pissed everytime I forget about it and slide the hand down and hit the back of my hand with it, (sharp pain), the other, this is a cosmetic mostly is the AANJ, depending on how good higher fret access you want you should keep the lower bout way lower than the upper, like on this pic And here is a pic of the green guitar, see the way the horn bends in, if I was to make this guitar again I will make the inside curve follow te part that looks bright green straight up, instead of to the inside.

There are only 2 things I see "wrong", one is the mistake that I made on mine too, the lower horn tip whould be parallel to the neck, not curved to the inside, I like the way mine looks, but I get pissed everytime I forget about it and slide the hand down and hit the back of my hand with it, (sharp pain), the other, this is a cosmetic mostly is the AANJ, depending on how good higher fret access you want you should keep the lower bout way lower than the upper, like on this pic And here is a pic of the green guitar, see the way the horn bends in, if I was to make this guitar again I will make the inside curve follow te part that looks bright green straight up, instead of to the inside.

WOW Ya your right Thanks for pointing that out man I'll do some work on the design and then I post a new pic!! Iam not sure if I will make the lower horn less curved but I may angle in more like the top one also that woul help to make the guitar more playable by giveing it somewhere to set it on the knee!

Matt

if you want to wait until monday, i am helping a buddy in wood class build a guitar, its alot like some of your designs, it can kill you, lol

I designed the bottom section and middle, he did the horns

nice maple, i love it

Curtis

Hey looks good matt. What color is it going to be?

Well now that's something that I have been thinking about and I think it will be Emerald Green or All Natural or maybe red-------But I realy want Emerald Green but Iam not sure where to buy it any one have any info on that?

those horns pointed in look really cool...it would almost be worth the pain to have them like that

Ya I know so what I did was I angaled the lower one out a lot more so know there should be no trouble with it and Now I have a place to rest it comfortably on the knee, I will post a pic as soon as I get it all on paper! :D

I woulkd say Stew but i heard that they are not sending over there (outside US) but if you can't find any (try PM LGM or maybe at Lee Valley) let me know and I order it and send it to you. And you will need black also if you want the 3D look, or just do like some PRS with green on green.

Oh ya Iam Totally wanting the 3D look with this wild maple plus just looking at how yours came out realy make's me want to try a 3D finish, but Iam not to sure how it's done iam sure there's a ton of info somewhere! :D so I will look around and see if I can find any thing for dye's and If I dont I will take you up on your offer! :D by the way how much do you think it will cost? and how much will I need?

!!METAL MATT!! B)