Starting New Guitar Soon

Opinions are like @$$holes, everyone got one and they all stink

HAHAHAHA :D Ok man B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Did you just ask how am I going to transport it to the gig? Dude, its the EXACT shape of a left handed reversed headstock RR3, if nothing else I can just get a RR case and put it upside down in it. It's not rocket science. And its going to get banged up? Whats the difference between a long lower horn and a long higher horn? I mean it might fall off the strap but how often does that happen if you're smart about it? It's not like I'm going to just throw around the guitar I just spent 500 dollars on. It's not that big of a deal. Oh, AND that lower horn looks much longer than it is. I think the kisekae RR is distorted because it looks much longer and thinner on my template. I got my template from the CAD file at guitarbuild.com

Edited by silvertonessuckbutigotone

Is that picture exaclty how you want it to be? There is a sharp point off that i can see, which makes the lower horn longer.

You're routing the body out right? Are you using RR3 plans and flipping them upside down?

The difference between a longer lower horn is that your arm is covering it, and you can almost sense when your arm is close to something if you hit. With a lower horn that long, the horn will be down around your knee. If you're running around on stage or gettin' nuts, its going to just hit something. Its not like long upper horns dont get messed up either. I never said that at all.

Edited by AlGeeEater

Curtis- WAY out of line, and unacceptable.  Your post has been deleted, and consider this a warning.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Trust me.  That works.  I've seen it in action.

you are right, i am very sorry for what i said

Silvertone, i am sorry for dissing your guitar, last night was little rough on me, i had some personal stuff, anyways, i hope it turns out to be a great guitar, and even though it is not my taste in it, i will be happy to see it be in progress

ohh, one point, if you had an RRV hardcase, take the styro foam stuff out, and switch it around, instead of putting it in upside down, in my opinon (which to you, may not be much anymore!! lol) it doesnt hurt the guitar any, well, thats just my idea, i wouldnt put a guitar in upside down in a case any day

quoted from PM with Silvertone

Curtis

I don't see any balance problem at all. I find neck heavy guitars anoying, but this should be right on the sweet spot, the only thing that I could suggest is to play with the position of the rear strap button, but it should be nice. Looking foward to see it, Its not my taste, (I realy don't like the RR anyway) but it is a sweet project, and that Carvin site is sooo sweet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay so I just got my body blank yestarday and it was well worth the wait (and because of the wait I'm getting free neck lumber also). I cut out the body shape today and I might take pics tonight. Man I'm glad I finally got this started.

Hey man Iam glad to see this one is still in the works! so what kind of wood is the neck blank?

Cant wait to see some pics :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

the neck blank I'm getting for the delay is mahognay and it should be enough to make 2 necks, but I'm not using that on this project, this is going to be a purpleheart, ebony, and flamed maple laminate. By the way does anyone know the normal thickness for an RR? I'm estimating somewhere between 1.5 and 1.75 inches, but I'm not sure.

• 1 month later...

sorry guys i just went through a big move so i havent been able to work on it, but i started sanding today and will finish the edge sanding tomorow and will get some pics up asap. i will start the enck sometime next week and do the neck pocket and cavity routing after the neck.

i was wondering if any of you have ever used a stationary belt sander to do the profile of a neck.

also, what would be the easiest way to do the bevels on this bad boy. (remember its a RR so the lines are pretty straight)