Starting New Guitar Soon

hey guys. I recently bought some maple to start a guitar. ITs gonna be a RR3 with an upside down body. Its gonna have 22-4 frets and no inlays except a whole guitar pick acros 11-12-13th frets. The electronics will include a jack and an on/off switch. Some people deem the on off switch unnesecary, but I thought it would be handy to have. this is a preview of what it will look like:

RRV.jpg

the only thing different will be the headstock logo (it will probably be my signature in a silver sharpie) and the inlay will be there. Also, the lower horn will be straighter (not so curvy on the inside). It will have a mahognay body with home wound pickups. Tell me what you think. Oh, BTW, it'll be 24.75 inch scale.

Edited by silvertonessuckbutigotone

well, this guitar will be mainly for gigs and rehearsals so i would be standing up when I use this one. So the arm rest aint no thang. I've even made a template and its not anything to worry about for me. Oh yeah, I forgot 2 things. The neck will be a 5 peice laminate: maple, ebony, purplrheart, ebony, maple. And the sides and back will probably be painted black to minimize obvious veneer seems.

Edited by silvertonessuckbutigotone

what a crappy thing to say. Its not your job to tell me that its a disgrace. It's your option to tell me where to fix small errors or mistakes in my craftsmanship or what I could do to make it look better. But definitely do NOT tell me a gutiar that I'm building is a disgrace. Didn't Jimi Hendrix buy a righty to play lefty? Noone said "HEY FENDER DESIGNED IT TO PLAY RIGHTY, WHAT A DISGRACE!" Circumstances are different I know, but seriously man, that was a pretty crappy thing to say.

No offense dude, but theres nothing you can really do to improve it. Its going to look silly playing. That lower horn is so out of place looking. That lower horn is going to get abuse! How are you going to transport it to the gig? Why veneer it and make it pretty if its going to get banged up?

Its really just a dumb design, but its what you want so i cant stop you from doing that.

No offense dude, but theres nothing you can really do to improve it. Its going to look silly playing. That lower horn is so out of place looking. That lower horn is going to get abuse! How are you going to transport it to the gig? Why veneer it and make it pretty if its going to get banged up?

Its really just a dumb design, but its what you want so i cant stop you from doing that.

What do you mean DUMB idea well Carvin did'ent seem to think so and neither does silvertonessuckbutigotone I think it's a cool idea a new twist on an old design

did you guy's not see the link?? :Dhttp://www.carvinmuseum.com/collections/uvp.html

!!METAL MATT!! :D

The carvins lower horn looks way shorter

Ya I know that's the twist iam talking about! I realy like the idea of the longer lower horn but that's the whole sharp stab kill destory kinda design Iam into :D

that's why I like it

I dont think it's realy fair to call someone's design DUMB or a disgrace it's cool if you dont like it man but you dont gota trash it! :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)