Went into school today when i saw a friend of mine carrying an old bass... He was about to throw it away when i asked him what was wrong with it. He told me the pickups were screwed and he listed many other problems.

With al that said i still offered him £5 thinking there cant be to many problems with it...

Got it back into the music dept where i decided to have a look at the problem he said,... The pickups just needed lifting up from the body slightly, and the volume pot just needed resoldering :D

I now have a VERY NICE bass... (coming from a guitar player)...

The bassist in the band im in has said the bridge alone on it is worth at least £40 and that it *could* be a vintage fender.. *hopes*.... im taking it in soon to my local store so they can evaluate it... heres a picture of her...

Picture001.jpg

some people have all the luck. very nice deal i reckon tho i wouldnt be to hopeful on the fender front

i have been wanting a bass for a while just to start recording with. ill give you a tenner and a marsbar for it :D

some people have all the luck. very nice deal i reckon tho i wouldnt be to hopeful on the fender front

i have been wanting a bass for a while just to start recording with. ill give you a tenner and a marsbar for it :D

Ahh maybe 2 marsbars :D

Ahh well so it aint a fender.. for a fiver.. you cant go wrong anyway.. done some Looking at her.. solid alder body.. 2 part maple neck... cant say much about electronics as i dont have much clue when it comes to bass's... as i usually play/custom electric guitars...

Shes buetifal to play.. so easy.. and same reason as you, the only reason i brought it was so i could do some basslines to a couiple of recordings ive done using my studio B)

in a jiffy i can just chuck my guitarthrough either my boss OC-2 or my whammy to get an octave down but there are some things you need a bass for

ill see your two marsbars and raise it a crunchy :D

in a jiffy i can just chuck my guitarthrough either my boss OC-2 or my whammy to get an octave down but there are some things you need a bass for

ill see your two marsbars and raise it a crunchy B)

Crunchie.. Oooooh :D

I to can just throw my guitar through my f/x pedal and lower it down, but nothing can really beat the true sound and feel of a bass line :D

:D

Im feeling kind of concerned now lol... Ive just realised (should of realsied earlier :D )...

It has NO truss rod :D .. i play guitar so i dont know... do bass's need one... would of thought yes because of the string tension surely?

It is a replacement neck and it looks like the cavity has been drilled for it.. but there is NO truss rod in there... B)

Any help will be appreciated

Im feeling kind of concerned now lol... Ive just realised (should of realsied earlier  :D )...

It has NO truss rod  :D .. i play guitar so i dont know... do bass's need one...  would of thought yes because of the string tension surely?

It is a replacement neck and it looks like the cavity has been drilled for it.. but there is NO truss rod in there...  :D

Any help will be appreciated

Cmon people does ANY body have an idea, your all great and intelligent people here.... i know one of you knows whats going on... right? B)

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Have you checked down at the body end of the neck incase its that way around? Just a thought.

Yes thoughtless7, its the only place to check on this neck as the headstock end has no opening for it. I looked body end and indeed the cavity seems to of been drilled BUT there isnt a truss rod in there :D

Silly replacement neck..