Can You Make A Les Paul A 3 Humbucker?

It'll fit.. but my pick always whacked into mine (center pickup)

so think twice it your a rocker.

It will hit big time, I see no need to have one in the center either.

Skibum, I posted the pic so that he could see one! I know that he was asking if it was possible, but the pic speak for itself.

I converted my early 80's epiphone LP into a Black Beuty. It fits. It does get in the way, but for the studio its nice. I dont really use it on stage cause i would eventually lose a finger getting tied up between the middle pickup and the strings :D Im Surprised the few times i have used it on stage i havent hurt myself. Besides im a fender/ibanez/schecter/gretsch/anything but a gibson electric type of guy anyway. please don't throw anything heavy at me for saying that! :D I will try to put up some pics.

yes it can be done i got epiphone lp cheap at guitar center a while ago and i had an extra pickup lying around so one night i pulled out a drill and a dremel adn went at it.....now i unfortioantely had a couepl drinks in me...ok a lot so the souting came out a lil off......by liek 1/16th of an inch but it just barely shows around the side of the mountign ring so i made a long aplte that runs the length and mounts all 3 pickups.

so yes it can be done fairly simply.....just dont drink when you do it

what I would do is put a totally diffrent pickup (ie high gain or real bright or whatever, just anything different than what the other 2 are) Than wire up a switch that turns on the middle and turns off the other two when you hit it. That would give you a whole bunch of sonic possabilitys. I dont see that having 3 of the same humbuckers that close to each other would make that much of a difference between them. Also check out like a P-90 in a humbucker size. This would also give me many more possabilitys. And it would look really cool having the pole peices in the center of the humbucker cover.

just my .02